Where can I find...

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
shirojirachi

Where can I find...

Post by shirojirachi » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:09 am

I live in Tampere and I'm trying to find Sweetened Condense Milk but I can't even fathom the name in Finnish, and my boyfriend just gives me a funny look because he doesn't cook and he has NO CLUE what this stuff is. I've looked in th East Asian Market but no luck. It'd be super helpful to know where I can get this kind of stuff. Thank you in advance. Yes I know I can make it but it's a hassel.
Last edited by shirojirachi on Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Where can I find...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Where can I find...

Post by Beep_Boop » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:39 am

It's simply "Kondensoitu maito". It's available in almost any store. Usually in the section with baking stuff or jams.
If you can't find it, just ask somebody working in the store.

Also, you corhave easily written that in the title. No nees for smart-arsness with "...".
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

shirojirachi

Post by shirojirachi » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:15 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:It's simply "Kondensoitu maito". It's available in almost any store. Usually in the section with baking stuff or jams.
If you can't find it, just ask somebody working in the store.

Also, you corhave easily written that in the title. No nees for smart-arsness with "...".
I wasn't being a smart ass, I just didn't want to put it in the title because I thought it'd be too long. Was I rude to anyone in this? No, why do you feel the need to be rude? Thank you for answering but the rudeness wasn't necessary.

shirojirachi

Post by shirojirachi » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:16 pm

roger_roger wrote:
Beep_Boop wrote:No nees for smart-arsness with "...".
clickbaiting brought me here too.... unfortunately it worked for her, but the one who'd be seeking same info via search would get nada.
It wasn't really clickbaiting it was more like I felt it was a suitable title. No need to throw around accusations.

Post by 007 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:03 pm

Off topic,

Talking about clickbaiting, there's a facebook page that ridicules mainly iltalehti/iltasanomat etc for their ways of titling the articles. It's 'klikinsäästäjä' if anyone's interested but it's in Finnish.
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:47 pm

Gees. She wasn't intentionally trying to cause any problems. We are not all computer savvy and know the ins and out of the internet.

I hope you find the condensed milk.

onlyforgame

Post by onlyforgame » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:32 pm

Hi it's very common nowadays. You can easily find it in k markets or S markets or asian shops. located in canned food section

DMC

Post by DMC » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:25 am

onlyforgame wrote:located in canned food section
For reasons best known to themselves the shop I usually use puts it with the eggs.

I found a Russian version in another shop recently. That was excessively sweet.