cheque payable to somebody in Ireland

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Pursuivant

Re: cheque payable to somebody in Ireland

Post by Pursuivant » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:34 am

Wherefore it has been deemed by the Finnish Banking Association, herewith antiquated means of commodity shall retain to their original legisation:

Law on checques 1809 :
Checques to foreign parts not serviced by the normal carriage, shall portray pigeons for swit transfers.

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes."

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

llewellyn

Post by llewellyn » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:22 pm

Pursuivant wrote:Wherefore it has been deemed by the Finnish Banking Association, herewith antiquated means of commodity shall retain to their original legisation:

Law on checques 1809 :
Checques to foreign parts not serviced by the normal carriage, shall portray pigeons for swit transfers.
Yeah, such idiotic things. I still remember coming back from 1,5 years of working in Dublin back in 2000 and they then sent me afterwards my pension money. And I had left them a note that whatever you do, don't send a check. And of course they sent a check which I took to my local branch in the countryside of Finland - they were very puzzled, then made a couple of calls and explained that they will need to send it to their hq in Helsinki which will then send it back to Dublin for cashing by their local bank associate which will then transfer the money to Helsinki where it would be paid to my account... But the overall cost then I think was only about 150 marks or thereabouts.

ronnie24

Post by ronnie24 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:14 am

What government department/body are you dealing with?

I'm in Denmark and have had no problem with doing bank transfers. They provided me the IBAN and BIC info.