Galaxy

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
harryc

Galaxy

Post by harryc » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:14 am

"Finnair kielsi Samsung Galaxy Note 7 -puhelimet kokonaan lennoillaan"

And how does Finnair plan to enforce that?

How can they prohibit lies? And how would they know - except for a fire/explosion - and then it may be too late!

Galaxy

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Re: Galaxy

Post by 007 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:08 pm

You put metal stuffs on tray for x-ray. Perhaps, that's when the security people working there trace and check mobile phones that resemble Galaxy 7. By the way, now that bad guys know that mobile phones can catch fire on its own... what if they tweak a phone (any phone) in a way that it catches fire mid-air? :shock:
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"

Honest

Post by Honest » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:31 pm

Phone and phone battery are so small that even if it catches fire there is no serious danger to the aircraft . The ban is more to avoid unpleasant situations and discomforts

harryc

Post by harryc » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:44 am

are so small that even if it catches fire

Matches are even smaller!!!
Last edited by harryc on Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

harryc

Post by harryc » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:47 am

If the user doesn't connect to wifi then probably the dead phone is safe from explosion.
The phone just needs to be left 'on' - roaming etc. - not in use - you need to turn it completely OFF for batteries not to be in use - and most people don't do that.

Rip

Post by Rip » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:30 am

harryc wrote:
"Finnair kielsi Samsung Galaxy Note 7 -puhelimet kokonaan lennoillaan"

And how does Finnair plan to enforce that?

How can they prohibit lies? And how would they know - except for a fire/explosion - and then it may be too late!
How did they enforce the earlier bans not to use cellphones etc? Mostly they did not, but just requested people to do that. There is no way of preventing me bringing a box matches in to the plane and lighting some tissue paper in the plane toilet either (which seems to be actually quite analogous to using that particular smartphone).

harryc

Post by harryc » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:08 am

How did they enforce the earlier bans not to use cellphones etc? Mostly they did not, but just requested people to do that. There is no way of preventing me bringing a box matches in to the plane and lighting some tissue paper in the plane toilet either (which seems to be actually quite analogous to using that particular smartphone).
Ergo: Finnair is spewing nonsense. I hope they operate their planes with better logic and procedures.