Questions about moving..

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
ilikepeanutbutter

Questions about moving..

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:26 pm

If you move, do you have to update immigration about your address change? I know you change it at the maistraatti...or at least in the past.

The most idiotic question I'm sure...if you move to another state in Finland, can they see your medical records? I feel dumb even asking :lol: but I've never moved outside of Uusimaa here.

Thanks for the help!

kat

Questions about moving..

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tjawatts

Re: Questions about moving..

Post by tjawatts » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:33 pm

Maistratti should be the main place to update your address.

There are no states in Finland. But there are different health authoroties. There was meant to be a new nationwide patient information system but I dont know has that been completed yet (it was in the news as one of those problematic government projects). Not sure about the current setup. Maybe best to ask your health center.

T

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:45 pm

Yeah, you only need to change your address with Maistraatti.

I highly recommend using the online service for that: http://www.posti.fi/changeaddress/
You can change the address, notify Maistraatti (from where it propagates to banks, health records, etc.), and setup mail forwarding for a few months in case you receive mail to your old address.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:40 pm

tjawatts wrote: There are no states in Finland. But there are different health authoroties. There was meant to be a new nationwide patient information system but I dont know has that been completed yet (it was in the news as one of those problematic government projects). Not sure about the current setup. Maybe best to ask your health center.
Kela runs Kanta.

http://www.kanta.fi/omakanta

You can choose the level of privacy. All providers do not integrate with Kanta.

ilikepeanutbutter

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:04 pm

Thanks! :) Appreciate the info!

Kat