Citizenship Application 2017

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
sruwim

Re: Citizenship Application 2016/2017

Post by sruwim » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:57 am

vibration wrote:Has anybody received this kind of email? I got it two weeks ago but I applied First week of May 2017

Hyvä asiakas

Kiitos, että käytät sähköistä asiointipalveluamme! Hakemuksesi on nyt Enter Finlandissa ja odottaa vuoroaan. Voit itse seurata hakemuksesi tilaa milloin tahansa kirjautumalla sisään Enter Finlandiin.

Lisäksi löydät samalla perusteella tehtyjen hakemusten odotettavissa olevan käsittelyajan verkkosivuiltamme: http://www.migri.fi/nain_palvelemme/kasittelyajat Jos verkkosivuillamme antamamme odotettavissa oleva käsittelyaika ei ole vielä ylittynyt oman asiasi kohdalla, odota rauhassa.

Jos tarvitsemme sinulta täydennystä hakemukseesi, lähetämme pyynnön Enter Finland -tilillesi ja saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi. Kun päätös on tehty, saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi.

Tämä viesti ei vaadi sinulta mitään toimenpiteitä. Älä vastaa tähän viestiin.

Ystävällisin terveisin
Maahanmuuttovirasto
http://www.migri.fi

Dear Customer

Thank you for using our online service! Your application is now in Enter Finland and is waiting for your turn. You can follow the status of your application at any time by signing in to Enter Finland.

In addition, you will find the expected processing time of the applications submitted on the same basis on our website: http://www.migri.fi/nain_servanti/tractors If your expected processing time on our website has not yet exceeded your own case, wait in peace.

If we need you to replenish your application, we'll send you a request for your Enter Finland account and get a notification in your email. When the decision is made, you will receive a notification in your email.

This message does not require any action from you. Do not respond to this post.

regards
The Finnish immigration Service
http://www.migri.fi
Yes, I got the same email, applied in April

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

sara2017

Post by sara2017 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi guys,

Thank you for all good information here.
Atleast how long we should live in Finland to be able to apply for citizenship. I have been studying here in Finland for three years. Is that four years of B visa and one year of A? Or more?
Thanks in advance.

brexit

Post by brexit » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:29 am

sara2017 wrote:Hi guys,

Thank you for all good information here.
Atleast how long we should live in Finland to be able to apply for citizenship. I have been studying here in Finland for three years. Is that four years of B visa and one year of A? Or more?
Thanks in advance.
Period of residence

Your period of residence is of sufficient length if you have lived in Finland for the last five years without interruption (continuous period of residence) or
for a total of seven years after you reached the age of 15 (accumulated period of residence). Of these seven years, you must have lived in Finland for the past two years without interruption.

Calculating residential time

Your period of residence is the time that you have actually lived in Finland, as explained in the following.
  • If you were granted permission to move to Finland permanently (A permit) before actually coming to Finland, your residential period begins on the date of your arrival in Finland.
    If you did not have a continuous residence permit (A permit) when you arrived in Finland, your period of residence begins on the date on which you obtained your first continuous residence permit.
    If you had a temporary residence permit (B permit) before you obtained a continuous residence permit, half the time you lived in Finland with a temporary residence permit will be counted as residential time. You must have had a continuous residence permit (A permit) for at least one year just before a decision is made on your application. The time you have spent in Finland with a temporary residence permit (B-permit) will only be included in the continuous period of residence.
    If you have sought asylum in Finland and you have been granted asylum or a residence permit on the basis of subsidiary or humanitarian protection, your period of residence begins from the date on which you submitted your application for asylum in Finland or for a residence permit.
    If you are a citizen of another Nordic country, your period of residence begins from the date you take up residence in Finland or from the registration of your notice of moving – whichever takes place later.
    If you are an EU citizen you have the right to reside in Finland for three months without registering your right of residence with the Finnish Immigration Service. Your period of residence starts on the date of registration.
More detail:

http://www.migri.fi/finnish_citizenship ... nce_period

Chitragarg

Post by Chitragarg » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:12 pm

brexit wrote:My fiance applied on June 30 and naturally at the first stage of the application. Anyone there who has applied in 2017 and have already received a decision.
I have applied on June 30. Application still in wait to process.

Y77

Post by Y77 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:18 pm

Chitragarg wrote:
brexit wrote:My fiance applied on June 30 and naturally at the first stage of the application. Anyone there who has applied in 2017 and have already received a decision.
I have applied on June 30. Application still in wait to process.
I also applied on 30.6.! Let's see who gets it first! I'm still on stage 1

bigli

Post by bigli » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:27 pm

I know that Migri asks to let them know if you go abroad for an extended time while waiting for a decision. But, what if I go outside the Schengen area for a few days, and I get a positive decision while away? Will I have problems, re-entering Finland? Because I have heard that your residence permit is not valid anymore as soon as you get a positive decision.

Has anybody who has applied in February recently gotten an update?

vibration

Post by vibration » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:50 pm

I applied 10th of May but status remains WAITING PROCESSING.

brexit

Post by brexit » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:03 pm

bigli wrote:I know that Migri asks to let them know if you go abroad for an extended time while waiting for a decision. But, what if I go outside the Schengen area for a few days, and I get a positive decision while away? Will I have problems, re-entering Finland? Because I have heard that your residence permit is not valid anymore as soon as you get a positive decision.

Migri told me that if you are away while making decision it will always be negative. What they suggested as a preventive measure is to inform them exact date when you are going to be away, so that they do not make decision during that time.

brexit

Post by brexit » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:07 pm

bigli wrote:I know that Migri asks to let them know if you go abroad for an extended time while waiting for a decision. But, what if I go outside the Schengen area for a few days, and I get a positive decision while away? Will I have problems, re-entering Finland? Because I have heard that your residence permit is not valid anymore as soon as you get a positive decision.

Provided that they still make the positive decision your information on the database, which is also shared by the immigration controls, will be registered as a Finnish Citizen and for sure you will have a problem. And if you are from a counter who does not allow dual nationality then you will be in a crisis. Best option either don't leave country or let migri know you are out even if it is for a day.

bigli

Post by bigli » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:58 am

I just got a positive decision. Applied end of Feb. Had 1 year of B permit and 3.5 years of A. My A was valid for another year when I applied.
It didn't stay in the second stage at all because I checked yesterday after working hours and it was in the first stage, and this morning I had the positive decision.

Good luck to everyone!
Last edited by bigli on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ascending Dragon

Post by Ascending Dragon » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:33 pm

I have just got a positive decision at 15.51. Here is my timeline:
03/03/2017 You have proved your identity and a diary number has been created for your application. You can see the diary number at the top of the page. Your application has been placed in the processing queue. We will contact you if we need more information from you. Our processing times can be found on our website at www.migri.fi
11/08/2017 The processing of your application has started. Contacting us does not speed up the processing of the application. If we need further information from you, we will send you a request through this service.
11/08/2017 Your application is waiting for your reply to a request for supplementary information.
11/08/2017 You have replied to a request for supplementary information.
11/08/2017 A decision has been made on your application.
11/08/2017 The decision can be read on your user account.
11/08/2017 You have received the decision.
In Finland from 8.2010 as a degree student
RP status: 3 B, 3.5A
Applied: 3.3.17

Good luck to everyone is waiting!

vibration

Post by vibration » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:57 pm

Where did you applied yours? I mean the service point where you applied.

Congratulation.

bigli

Post by bigli » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:36 pm

vibration wrote:Where did you applied yours? I mean the service point where you applied.

Congratulation.
Mine was in Helsinki.

brexit

Post by brexit » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:18 am

bigli wrote:I just got a positive decision. Applied end of Feb. Had 1 year of B permit and 3 years of A. My A was valid for another year when I applied.
It didn't stay in the second stage at all because I checked yesterday after working hours and it was in the first stage, and this morning I had the positive decision.

Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations bigli.

jaknap

Re: Citizenship Application 2017

Post by jaknap » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:40 pm

I submitted my nationality application on 27th July in Helsinki. Any other people like me who applied in July so we can see who wins the race to getting the decision? :)