Citizenship Application 2017

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
R2-D2

Re: Citizenship Application 2017

Post by R2-D2 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:42 am

JuhlaMokka wrote:
R2-D2 wrote:I have applied 4 months ago, and not even on stage 2 yet... :roll: I am holding a passport from an EU member-country,and living in Finland many years... I just don't get it.. :ohno:
Don't worry. It does not necessarily mean something bad. I applied almost half a year ago and got decision a few days ago without any additional document request. It was in stage 2 may be 30 minutes at most.
I also don't get their logic, it seams that my case was still pretty easy, but sometimes it just takes time.

Dear JuhlaMokka, thank you so much for being supportive! I think they are not being so fair.. Some of us are waiting.. And my dear friend who is not yet 30 years old, and not holding a passport from EU country, he got the decision in record 3 months. :shock: After that, he immediately got the invitation for finish army. So, obviously,they know very well who they need fast, and who will wait...
Oh, I am really happy for you! I am always happy for my pals from this forum,who got a positive decision,because we are here to support each other! :) :thumbsup:

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:18 pm

JuhlaMokka wrote:I also don't get their logic, it seams that my case was still pretty easy, but sometimes it just takes time.
There are few people doing a lot of applications. Someone has only JuhlaMokka easy ones in pile before dear friend's application. Other might have just as many applications to do, but they are not so easy. Drones will just process the applications in order, not shuffle them after every decision, I hope.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

biryvih

Post by biryvih » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:13 am

Hi Folks,

I got a lot of information following this forum. I just joined though, and I tried to find some information which I failed to do so.

So, here is my question.

I have so many short trips to different countries during my stay in Finland, and couple of long trips. I mentioned the longer trips in my application, but not the short ones, would that be okay?

Thank you for all the information, that was really helpful for me.
Last edited by biryvih on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R2-D2

Post by R2-D2 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:54 am

Upphew wrote:
JuhlaMokka wrote:I also don't get their logic, it seams that my case was still pretty easy, but sometimes it just takes time.
There are few people doing a lot of applications. Someone has only JuhlaMokka easy ones in pile before dear friend's application. Other might have just as many applications to do, but they are not so easy. Drones will just process the applications in order, not shuffle them after every decision, I hope.
Hmmm...not so sure..
Here is the quote from our forum member,not so long ago:"My process was fast because I work contractor for Finnish government. Citizenship for me is benefit for Finland so I get security clearance so they give me positive decision very fast".

sparkleBlinking123

Post by sparkleBlinking123 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:30 pm

R2-D2 wrote:
JuhlaMokka wrote:
R2-D2 wrote:I have applied 4 months ago, and not even on stage 2 yet... :roll: I am holding a passport from an EU member-country,and living in Finland many years... I just don't get it.. :ohno:
Don't worry. It does not necessarily mean something bad. I applied almost half a year ago and got decision a few days ago without any additional document request. It was in stage 2 may be 30 minutes at most.
I also don't get their logic, it seams that my case was still pretty easy, but sometimes it just takes time.

Dear JuhlaMokka, thank you so much for being supportive! I think they are not being so fair.. Some of us are waiting.. And my dear friend who is not yet 30 years old, and not holding a passport from EU country, he got the decision in record 3 months. :shock: After that, he immediately got the invitation for finish army. So, obviously,they know very well who they need fast, and who will wait...
Oh, I am really happy for you! I am always happy for my pals from this forum,who got a positive decision,because we are here to support each other! :) :thumbsup:
My case is very similar but has been stuck in stage 2 for more than a month. I am non EU citizen, came here as a degree student, graduated and has worked full-timely for more than 3 years. I am less than 30 too

R2-D2

Post by R2-D2 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:13 pm

It is comforting to hear that... But, SparkleBlinking... all this time I was thinking that you were a girl! :ochesey: :ochesey: sorry!
Really,this stage 2 that lasts for such a long time..I don't get the logic...

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:15 pm

R2-D2 wrote:
Upphew wrote:
Hmmm...not so sure..
Here is the quote from our forum member,not so long ago:"My process was fast because I work contractor for Finnish government. Citizenship for me is benefit for Finland so I get security clearance so they give me positive decision very fast".
Surely the applications aren't printed on one continuous paper. Migri.fi says that processing can rarely be expedited by request. Rarely, not never. You wanting it done faster means something, but letter from military headquarters means something else.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

R2-D2

Post by R2-D2 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:36 pm

Upphew, thank you for your contribution to the subject. Are you also in the process of waiting for the citizenship? :)

universal1

Post by universal1 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:05 am

updates
Last edited by universal1 on Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R2-D2

Post by R2-D2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:11 pm

universal1 wrote:Any updates from sprakle and R2-D2 or people who applied in June and still in step2. I have the same status, so wondering.
Nope...How long have you been stuck on the step 2?....

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:16 pm

Step 2 means that your application is in the queue. You're not "stuck". It's a queue. You wait your turn. I know in some countries that concept doesn't exist, but in Finland this how the applications are processed.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

R2-D2

Post by R2-D2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:21 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:Step 2 means that your application is in the queue. You're not "stuck". It's a queue. You wait your turn. I know in some countries that concept doesn't exist, but in Finland this how the applications are processed.
O.K, so how do we call it? :)

R2-D2

Post by R2-D2 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:36 pm

@Bee-Boop
Since we are very supportive and positive people on this forum (cheering up and supporting each other), I got some weird vibe from your last comment.
So,I did my homework and found your old posts, all the way to the forum citizenship 2015. You were extremely rude to people on the forum,who were just supporting each other. So,it tells something about you.
First of all it is rude to jump in somebody's conversation and act like you are above them,because you are not.
If you are a hater, and that's why you are coming to this forum,trying to break our spirit, that won't happen.
We have too much love and positivity, so don't bother. :wink:

sparkleBlinking123

Post by sparkleBlinking123 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:15 pm

universal1 wrote:Any updates from sprakle and R2-D2 or people who applied in June and still in step2. I have the same status, so wondering.
I have no update but finally I called and asked about my case. It turns out that because my wife also applied for citizenship in February (she was requested more documents and that's why her application is still in stage 2), my application is handled by the same person. And my case is not mine anymore, that means they process the cases (2 cases) as a whole family case. That's so far as I known. I aksed nicely in Finnish and they even let me know who is handling my case.

Kumailmotiani

Post by Kumailmotiani » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Any one waiting since March for their application. Mine is stuck still at stage 1 so wondering If I am special :P :lol: