Citizenship Application 2017

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
camphor

Re: Citizenship Application 2017

Post by camphor » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:21 pm

I applied for citizenship in June, 2017 and got verified and a diary number was created on 22/06/2017. On 21 September I got the following email:

Thank you for using our e-service! Your application is now in Enter Finland and is waiting for treatment. You can also check the treatment phase for your application at any time by signing in Enter Finland.

You will also find the expected processing time for applications for the same reason on our website at http://www.migri.fi/vara_ tjanster / processing times. If the expected processing time stated on our site has not yet been exceeded, please wait ro.

If your application needs to be completed, we will send a request to your Enter Finland account and you will be notified by e-mail. Once the decision has been made, you will receive a notification by e-mail.

You do not need to take any action based on this message. Do not reply to this message.

I checked the status of my application on EnterFinland website and it still says that I am on Step 1: Waiting for processing. Now, what confuses me is the above e-mail. Is the e-mail just informing me about the first stage? If it is about informing me about the first stage, then why did it take 3 months for this e-mail to arrive. Is it normal to receive the information about Step 1 so late? or could it be that they have now put me in the queue and I should count the processing time of 6-8 months from this date?

Or is it that my application has moved to Step2: In progress and just it takes time to update on the EnterFinland website.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:51 pm

I checked the status of my application on EnterFinland website and it still says that I am on Step 1: Waiting for processing. Now, what confuses me is the above e-mail. Is the e-mail just informing me about the first stage? If it is about informing me about the first stage, then why did it take 3 months for this e-mail to arrive. Is it normal to receive the information about Step 1 so late? or could it be that they have now put me in the queue and I should count the processing time of 6-8 months from this date?
They have implemented new notification emails, for RP the same email is sent every 3 weeks, saying what is the status of your application. When will move to step 2 they don't send any notification, you will get something only if they require some other documents or you got a decision.

MeAndmE

Post by MeAndmE » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:34 pm

Okay, I finally decided to apply for citizenship after 9 years of living here... :shock: Application filled, paid and sent. My question is about the migri interview. Is it a "real" interview where they are asking about everything, or they just check the papers, passport and off you go?

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:14 pm

There is no interview, is only about checking you identity and documents. I stayed there about 3 minutes :)

Y77

Post by Y77 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:27 am

MeAndmE wrote:Okay, I finally decided to apply for citizenship after 9 years of living here... :shock: Application filled, paid and sent. My question is about the migri interview. Is it a "real" interview where they are asking about everything, or they just check the papers, passport and off you go?
There is no formal interview, but I suspect they use those precious minutes (it lasts less than 5 mins) to test your language understanding; if you present a YKI keskitaso level 3 or 4 and don't understand when he tells you in Finnish to sit down or " so you are applying for citizenship?", I suppose they might get suspicious that someone took the test for you...
The worst part of the thing was actually waiting in waiting room to be called, there was a woman with 4 kids shouting and running around, really terrible, really testing people to the limit,she wasn't probably aware of the fact that kids should be seen and not heard.

MeAndmE

Post by MeAndmE » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:21 am

Y77 wrote:
MeAndmE wrote:Okay, I finally decided to apply for citizenship after 9 years of living here... :shock: Application filled, paid and sent. My question is about the migri interview. Is it a "real" interview where they are asking about everything, or they just check the papers, passport and off you go?
There is no formal interview, but I suspect they use those precious minutes (it lasts less than 5 mins) to test your language understanding; if you present a YKI keskitaso level 3 or 4 and don't understand when he tells you in Finnish to sit down or " so you are applying for citizenship?", I suppose they might get suspicious that someone took the test for you...
The worst part of the thing was actually waiting in waiting room to be called, there was a woman with 4 kids shouting and running around, really terrible, really testing people to the limit,she wasn't probably aware of the fact that kids should be seen and not heard.

Thanks for the info! I was just wondering why the booked time is for 30 min. when you just show the papers.... :shock: but good to know anyways. I should understand "sit down" etc. :D

Y77

Post by Y77 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 am

MeAndmE wrote:
Y77 wrote:

Thanks for the info! I was just wondering why the booked time is for 30 min. when you just show the papers.... :shock: but good to know anyways. I should understand "sit down" etc. :D
If you really want to impress them, you can tell them that you are really happy to become a new citizen and that citizenship for 350 euros is such good value for money; in Austria if you want to get citizenship you have to give up your old one, pay 950 euros, plus an income-related tax that changes according in which Bundesland you live...I told them all this in Finnish, think about it, really proud.

Kumailmotiani

Did everyone get a similar email before the decision

Post by Kumailmotiani » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi everyone

Did anyone get an email with the subject written below before the application went to the second stage or it is just an automated email you get after 6 months of application because today is exactly six months when I submitted my application

Täydennä hakemustasi Enter Finlandissa

finde12

Post by finde12 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:48 am

Hi,

I applied first week of June. Any updates from applicants applied, late MaY?

sparkleBlinking123

Post by sparkleBlinking123 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:43 pm

I applied in mid June and on 12th of September got this email from migri:
Hyvä asiakas
Kiitos, että käytät sähköistä asiointipalveluamme! Hakemuksesi on nyt Enter Finlandissa ja odottaa vuoroaan. Voit itse seurata hakemuksesi tilaa milloin tahansa kirjautumalla sisään Enter Finlandiin.

Lisäksi löydät samalla perusteella tehtyjen hakemusten odotettavissa olevan käsittelyajan verkkosivuiltamme: www.migri.fi/nain_palvelemme/kasittelyajat Jos verkkosivuillamme antamamme odotettavissa oleva käsittelyaika ei ole vielä ylittynyt oman asiasi kohdalla, odota rauhassa.

Jos tarvitsemme sinulta täydennystä hakemukseesi, lähetämme pyynnön Enter Finland -tilillesi ja saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi. Kun päätös on tehty, saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi.

Tämä viesti ei vaadi sinulta mitään toimenpiteitä. Älä vastaa tähän viestiin.
Still in step 1.

sreekanthvbandi

Post by sreekanthvbandi » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:36 pm

I applied on jun 15th. Received similar mail on 14th Sep. Not sure what it means.

sparkleBlinking123 wrote:I applied in mid June and on 12th of September got this email from migri:
Hyvä asiakas
Kiitos, että käytät sähköistä asiointipalveluamme! Hakemuksesi on nyt Enter Finlandissa ja odottaa vuoroaan. Voit itse seurata hakemuksesi tilaa milloin tahansa kirjautumalla sisään Enter Finlandiin.

Lisäksi löydät samalla perusteella tehtyjen hakemusten odotettavissa olevan käsittelyajan verkkosivuiltamme: http://www.migri.fi/nain_palvelemme/kasittelyajat Jos verkkosivuillamme antamamme odotettavissa oleva käsittelyaika ei ole vielä ylittynyt oman asiasi kohdalla, odota rauhassa.

Jos tarvitsemme sinulta täydennystä hakemukseesi, lähetämme pyynnön Enter Finland -tilillesi ja saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi. Kun päätös on tehty, saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi.

Tämä viesti ei vaadi sinulta mitään toimenpiteitä. Älä vastaa tähän viestiin.
Still in step 1.

sparkleBlinking123

Post by sparkleBlinking123 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:03 am

@sreekanthvbandi : as I understand, they have picked up our applications and left them on the table for waiting to be processed, I mean before making decision, but in queue. My friend got the same email after 4 months since he submitted application and 3 weeks later, he got decision. step 2 moved to step 3 on the same day.

taniweirdo

Post by taniweirdo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:30 pm

My process

24.6.2010 Sinulle on luotu asiakasnumero. Näet sen sivun yläreunasta.
4.6.2017 Hakemuksesi käsittelymaksu on vastaanotettu.
4.6.2017 Hakemuksesi on vastaanotettu ja vireillä.
9.6.2017 Olet käynyt tunnistautumassa ja hakemuksellesi on luotu diaarinumero. Näet sen sivun yläreunasta. Hakemuksesi on siirretty käsittelyjonoon. Otamme sinuun yhteyttä, jos tarvitsemme lisätietoa. Käsittelyaikamme ovat internet-sivuillamme: http://www.migri.fi
6.9.2017 Olet lähettänyt lisätietoa hakemukseen. Olemme ottaneet lisätiedon vastaan. Lähettämäsi asiakirjat näkyvät hakemuksen tiedoissa.
3.10.2017 Hakemuksesi käsittely on alkanut. Yhteydenotot eivät nopeuta hakemuksen käsittelyä. Jos tarvitsemme sinulta lisätietoja, pyydämme niitä sinulta tämän palvelun kautta.
3.10.2017 Hakemukseesi on tehty päätös.
3.10.2017 Päätös on luettavissa käyttäjätililläsi.

4months and i got it :D i did send more papers about my finance and school stuff before they even asked :)

Chitragarg

Post by Chitragarg » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:54 pm

taniweirdo wrote:My process

9.6.2017 Olet käynyt tunnistautumassa ja hakemuksellesi on luotu diaarinumero. Näet sen sivun yläreunasta. Hakemuksesi on siirretty käsittelyjonoon. Otamme sinuun yhteyttä, jos tarvitsemme lisätietoa. Käsittelyaikamme ovat internet-sivuillamme: http://www.migri.fi
6.9.2017 Olet lähettänyt lisätietoa hakemukseen. Olemme ottaneet lisätiedon vastaan. Lähettämäsi asiakirjat näkyvät hakemuksen tiedoissa.
3.10.2017 Hakemuksesi käsittely on alkanut. Yhteydenotot eivät nopeuta hakemuksen käsittelyä. Jos tarvitsemme sinulta lisätietoja, pyydämme niitä sinulta tämän palvelun kautta.

4months and i got it :D i did send more papers about my finance and school stuff before they even asked :)
That was quick. I applied in june end . Hopefully i get till end of october.

sparkleBlinking123

Post by sparkleBlinking123 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:32 pm

taniweirdo wrote:My process

Onnea ! Is your service point Helsinki ? I heard that people in Vaasa is in huge waiting lists, but I think Helsinki apparently processes quickly.
I also applied one week later than you, Helsinki service point, sent more information about my finance and school too on 12/9.Hope that I get decision also later than you one week.:)