Collective Agreement-Eligibile for Maternity/Paternity Leave

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
ram316

Post by ram316 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:20 pm

Hi,

I'm a non-EU resident so need a bit of clarity on this rule. I am currently working in IT industry here and planning to switch to new company. According to Collective Agreement for IT sector in Finland, how long one should have worked in their new job to avail the maternity or paternity leaves. Is it five months uninterrupted before they can go on leave? Thanks. I understand it as a pain for new office and may not go well with them when they hear it and may not be ethical in part of employee. But I want to know this in general case (just in case).

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rip

Re: Collective Agreement-Eligibile for Maternity/Paternity L

Post by Rip » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:53 am

Right to maternity or paternity leave is not as such subject to TES. There is a general rule for immigrants that you should have been "KELA covered" for minimum 180 days before the due date.

The relevant TES I assume is this one: http://www.finlex.fi/data/tes/stes4602- ... al1311.pdf and it does have one special rule regarding maternity and paternity leaves. If you have been working that five months, the mother gets full salary for three months and the father for six days. After those time periods (or if you have not worked for the five months) one is still entitled to the KELA benfits.