Reserving a time at Migri/residence stuff?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
ilikepeanutbutter

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:19 pm

I just show up usually to renew my permits. Is there a website that you reserve a time? Enter Finland doesn't work for family ties it says so I have no idea. With them changing to a new place, can you still just show up? Do you have to reserve a time?

Thanks!

kat

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Reserving a time at Migri/residence stuff?

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:29 pm

If you're lucky, you'll be able to book this year here https://asiointi.poliisi.fi/ajanvaraus/reservations
Keep this in mind viewtopic.php?f=3&t=93792#p566363
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

ilikepeanutbutter

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:53 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:If you're lucky, you'll be able to book this year here https://asiointi.poliisi.fi/ajanvaraus/reservations
Keep this in mind viewtopic.php?f=3&t=93792#p566363
Thanks! So the Migri will have a new booking system? I have to go in spring, just trying to understand all the changes. It seems they're changing it every week and it's driving me a bit bonkers. So no visits to the police for anything anymore? We have to go to Helsinki for just a card renewal? (if you live near it I mean..)

Thanks!

Kat

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:59 pm

Yes, Migri will have a new system. It's currently not ready yet, but the plan is to have ready before December.
Since you're thinking of booking an appointment in spring, I'd say wait a few more weeks until the new booking system is announced, then you can book your appointment there.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

ilikepeanutbutter

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:09 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:Yes, Migri will have a new system. It's currently not ready yet, but the plan is to have ready before December.
Since you're thinking of booking an appointment in spring, I'd say wait a few more weeks until the new booking system is announced, then you can book your appointment there.
Oh okay, thanks! :) I guess no more showing up whenever lol!

I appreciate the info!

Kat

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:57 pm

ilikepeanutbutter wrote:Oh okay, thanks! :) I guess no more showing up whenever lol!
Oh no, you can show up whenever. It's just that this means you'll have to wait several hours in the queue, and case officer receiving your application will retaliate by not deciding on your residence permit card renewal application at the time of submission, which means it'll enter the queue, which means it'll take months.

Yes, they do that. They have the right to do that if they suspect that your application requires further checking. They invoke this right if they don't like you, such as if you yell at them, or if you're annoying, and in many cases if you go without an appointment.

But yeah, if you're not in a hurry, then waiting is a wise choice in this case.

ilikepeanutbutter

Post by ilikepeanutbutter » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 am

Beep_Boop wrote:
ilikepeanutbutter wrote:Oh okay, thanks! :) I guess no more showing up whenever lol!
Oh no, you can show up whenever. It's just that this means you'll have to wait several hours in the queue, and case officer receiving your application will retaliate by not deciding on your residence permit card renewal application at the time of submission, which means it'll enter the queue, which means it'll take months.

Yes, they do that. They have the right to do that if they suspect that your application requires further checking. They invoke this right if they don't like you, such as if you yell at them, or if you're annoying, and in many cases if you go without an appointment.

But yeah, if you're not in a hurry, then waiting is a wise choice in this case.
Thanks for all the info! :)

Kat