WINTER TYRES PRICE

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
molly_molly

WINTER TYRES PRICE

Post by molly_molly » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:04 pm

Hello, I'm buying studded winter tyres. So I went to one tyre shop today, I was told it will cost 1500 euros for four new Continental studded winter tyres with alloy rims. But I google online the other day, for four Nokia winter tyres, it would just cost around 500 euros. I'm wondering why the price can be so much different. So I'v got a VW golf, normally how much would I pay for four new studded winter tyres with alloy rims? Any good shops to recommend for buying and changing winter tyres in Jyvaskyla? Thanks.

WINTER TYRES PRICE

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

foca

Re: WINTER TYRES PRICE

Post by foca » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:46 pm

That a usual rip -off . Try to check for prices in Estonia for tires. In most cases one can have tires there for half the price.
What do you want from me?????

PJG

Post by PJG » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:01 am

molly_molly wrote:Hello, I'm buying studded winter tyres. So I went to one tyre shop today, I was told it will cost 1500 euros for four new Continental studded winter tyres with alloy rims. But I google online the other day, for four Nokia winter tyres, it would just cost around 500 euros. I'm wondering why the price can be so much different. So I'v got a VW golf, normally how much would I pay for four new studded winter tyres with alloy rims? Any good shops to recommend for buying and changing winter tyres in Jyvaskyla? Thanks.
You're comparing apples and oranges.

A set of alloy wheels can go from a few hundred to well over a thousand euro. Same with tyres.

molly_molly

Post by molly_molly » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:42 pm

foca wrote:That a usual rip -off . Try to check for prices in Estonia for tires. In most cases one can have tires there for half the price.
Thanks for the advices, Foca. But I think I wouldn't have time to go to Estonia this month, and I might get fine for not having winter tyres next month, if I'm 'lucky' enough to come across the police.

molly_molly

Post by molly_molly » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:46 pm

PJG wrote:
molly_molly wrote:Hello, I'm buying studded winter tyres. So I went to one tyre shop today, I was told it will cost 1500 euros for four new Continental studded winter tyres with alloy rims. But I google online the other day, for four Nokia winter tyres, it would just cost around 500 euros. I'm wondering why the price can be so much different. So I'v got a VW golf, normally how much would I pay for four new studded winter tyres with alloy rims? Any good shops to recommend for buying and changing winter tyres in Jyvaskyla? Thanks.
You're comparing apples and oranges.

A set of alloy wheels can go from a few hundred to well over a thousand euro. Same with tyres.
Hey, the 1500e they were talking about were Continental IceContact2 studded tyres and normal light alloy rims. Is 1500e a reasonable price?

meplusthree

Post by meplusthree » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:49 am

GF had similar experience, got special price from Opel dealer of 1200 for tyres & steel wheels, Same tyres & alloy wheels were 800 from one of the the tyre shops.

Have a look in following link, total package for less than 800 but guess you may have to wait for delivery and arrange fitting.

If you go to the home page you can enter you cars reg number and it will give you the correct sizes etc.

https://www.renkaatvaihtoon.fi/etsi/aut ... brand=null

PJG

Post by PJG » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:21 am

molly_molly wrote:Hey, the 1500e they were talking about were Continental IceContact2 studded tyres and normal light alloy rims. Is 1500e a reasonable price?
How long is a piece of string?
How big is my shoe?
What number am I thinking of right now?

1500e could be a great price, or a terrible price. It's hard to say when we don't know the size of wheels and tyres or even the year and model of Golf.

If you have a Mk5 R32 with a VR6 engine, it's probably a bargain price. If you've a 1991 1.3L it's probably a rip-off.

500 for a new set of Nokian studded tyres is too low in my mind. Definately not fitted and balanced for that price, unless you have tiny wheels planned.

riku2

Post by riku2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:50 am

I bought a set of used alloy wheels from germany via EBAY. They were original BMW alloy wheels and 200e for the set (four) and 50e shipping. I'm really pleased with them. Their ebay site documents the tires and shows any scratches so you know what you're getting

http://stores.ebay.de/JV-AUTOMOBILE-Bosch-Service

For the tires I used rengasonline who deliver them to a local dealer. The alloy wheels were actually a third set since I wanted summer, winter friction and winter studded tires. so needed three sets of wheels/tires in all.

molly_molly

Post by molly_molly » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:20 pm

meplusthree wrote:GF had similar experience, got special price from Opel dealer of 1200 for tyres & steel wheels, Same tyres & alloy wheels were 800 from one of the the tyre shops.

Have a look in following link, total package for less than 800 but guess you may have to wait for delivery and arrange fitting.

If you go to the home page you can enter you cars reg number and it will give you the correct sizes etc.

https://www.renkaatvaihtoon.fi/etsi/aut ... brand=null
Thanks for the link. It helps a lot. I got the offer of 1500e from a car dealer as well. I guess they always have a much higher price for the tyres. I definitely won't get the tyres from them.

molly_molly

Post by molly_molly » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:29 pm

PJG wrote:
molly_molly wrote:Hey, the 1500e they were talking about were Continental IceContact2 studded tyres and normal light alloy rims. Is 1500e a reasonable price?
How long is a piece of string?
How big is my shoe?
What number am I thinking of right now?

1500e could be a great price, or a terrible price. It's hard to say when we don't know the size of wheels and tyres or even the year and model of Golf.

If you have a Mk5 R32 with a VR6 engine, it's probably a bargain price. If you've a 1991 1.3L it's probably a rip-off.

500 for a new set of Nokian studded tyres is too low in my mind. Definately not fitted and balanced for that price, unless you have tiny wheels planned.
Thanks for the information. I don't really know what specific type of light alloy wheel they were talking for the offer. But I checked the data of my car online, the size of the tyre of a Golf Variant is 205/55 R16. I think the whole price of the tyres and the rims wouldn't be over 1000e.

molly_molly

Post by molly_molly » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:33 pm

riku2 wrote:I bought a set of used alloy wheels from germany via EBAY. They were original BMW alloy wheels and 200e for the set (four) and 50e shipping. I'm really pleased with them. Their ebay site documents the tires and shows any scratches so you know what you're getting

http://stores.ebay.de/JV-AUTOMOBILE-Bosch-Service

For the tires I used rengasonline who deliver them to a local dealer. The alloy wheels were actually a third set since I wanted summer, winter friction and winter studded tires. so needed three sets of wheels/tires in all.
Thank you for the link. I think I'll try it if I couldn't find a good deal from the local dealers.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:38 am

molly_molly wrote:Thanks for the information. I don't really know what specific type of light alloy wheel they were talking for the offer. But I checked the data of my car online, the size of the tyre of a Golf Variant is 205/55 R16. I think the whole price of the tyres and the rims wouldn't be over 1000e.
I paid 895 for mine. Granted mine were 215 instead 205 and that was 8 years ago. The tyres were the bomb though. Studs stayed on like a champ and I seemed to get better starts on hills with RWD car than people with FWD.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.