divorce in finland ( resident permit )

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
dlgks9628

Post by dlgks9628 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:55 pm

hello my FInnish husband suddenly sent divorce paper a week ago. and I.m from Asia
and my residency permit is A as family and my family is same as his family name
for now my resident permit is until 2020

but my question is before divorce is processed do I need to change my name and also resident permit ?
but ia m unemployed now and i.m not student either

so which visa i can get ? I want to keep live in Finland.

Help me out !
thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

sky2

Re: divorce in finland ( resident permit )

Post by sky2 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:56 am

dlgks9628 wrote: so which visa i can get ? I want to keep live in Finland.
Once your resident permit is expired, you'd need a reason to stay. If you have a job or study place, you could apply for the residence permit based on those grounds.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:16 pm

dlgks9628 wrote:h
but my question is before divorce is processed do I need to change my name and also resident permit ?
You never need to change your name.
sky2 wrote:
dlgks9628 wrote: so which visa i can get ? I want to keep live in Finland.
Once your resident permit is expired, you'd need a reason to stay. If you have a job or study place, you could apply for the residence permit based on those grounds.
The divorce is even cause for the cancellation of the permit if the authorities so choose.

Piet

Post by Piet » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:25 pm

Don't sign the divorce papers for now.

Every divorce in Finland, needs a cool down period of 6 months I was told, so to me it seems you have at least another 6 months to find another man / job / study

Of course the main question is how long were you married and how long have you stayed in Finland already, you might be filing for citizenship when over 4 (5?) years.

Any kids? Get one from a Finnish man, the kid will be Finnish, you can stay in Finland (family ties) if you have (partial) custody.

Disclaimer: of course it is a bad idea to get kids just for the sake of staying here.

Self reflection: Why would you stay in a country that is (partly) hostile to you (xenophobia) and where the weather suck most of the time anyway. Social benefits suck because they are to less to live from but just too much to die from. The jobs you will probably be able to get are no more than cleaning or kitchen work. Then language barrier i.c.w. low on money, will prevent you from building a extensive social life... meh...I would leave if I would have no one to take care for (seriously)

for (brief) information: http://www.infopankki.fi/en/living-in-f ... ly/divorce

Good luck..
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

dlgks9628

Post by dlgks9628 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:21 pm

I dont have kid
and my resident permit is end in 2020
and Ive been here about 20months now .

Flossy1978

Post by Flossy1978 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:19 pm

Yeah. Lets tell the poster to get pregnant, so Finnish people will probably have to financially support her for years and years :roll: :lol:

If your ex has filed for divorce and you suddenly shack up with another man and file papers to stay, it is sure they will look at you suspiciously. I am assuming one still has to prove the relationship is a valid one - two years living together, etc.

20 months isn't that long.

How are you going to support yourself if your ex and you are over? You have no job? How will you get a place to live and pay for it? Very few landlords will rent to an unemployed person and unemployment will not cover even your rent, let alone any food etc.

I think you should do as the other responder said, go home.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:54 pm

... and that's why it is never a good idea to apply for a residence permit based on family ties specially when you're married to a local. Have you researched about divorce stats between a foreigner and a native before going this way?
Seems that you are pretty much dead in the water, but keep applying for jobs or anything that can support you financially.
Image Image

Y77

Post by Y77 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:11 am

dlgks9628 wrote:hello my FInnish husband suddenly sent divorce paper a week ago. and I.m from Asia
and my residency permit is A as family and my family is same as his family name
for now my resident permit is until 2020

but ia m unemployed now and i.m not student either

so which visa i can get ? I want to keep live in Finland.

Help me out !
thanks
Probably, if you really want to stay here, your best option is to find another Finn, they, for some unknown reasons, seem to like Asian women, despite being surrounded by nice curvy blonds that often get pissed and talk very little, which is just about all you are looking for in a woman.

Another option would be try to get adopted by Madonna, but for that you'll need to be fairly young and willing to leave Finland, beside being prepared to be called with some ridiculous name, like Snowflake, Ringo or Armani, like all the rich kids.

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:35 am

Y77 wrote:
dlgks9628 wrote:Probably, if you really want to stay here, your best option is to find another Finn, they, for some unknown reasons, seem to like Asian women, despite being surrounded by nice curvy blonds that often get pissed and talk very little, which is just about all you are looking for in a woman. .
Tell this to all those gullible foreign dudes who fell for those "nice curvy blonds that often get pissed and talk very little", ended up FUBARing their careers and financial status which led to divorces / breakups :twisted:
Image Image

Y77

Post by Y77 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:52 pm

Oombongo wrote:
Y77 wrote:
dlgks9628 wrote:Probably, if you really want to stay here, your best option is to find another Finn, they, for some unknown reasons, seem to like Asian women, despite being surrounded by nice curvy blonds that often get pissed and talk very little, which is just about all you are looking for in a woman. .
Tell this to all those gullible foreign dudes who fell for those "nice curvy blonds that often get pissed and talk very little", ended up FUBARing their careers and financial status which led to divorces / breakups :twisted:

Are you one of them? That's how you ended up in the local sewer pipe? Anyway I noticed it is mostly the foreign hubby/boyfriend that makes a disappearance act and goes back to his original country, leaving the curvy silent blond back in the cold, and often a kid or 2

biscayne

Post by biscayne » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:17 pm

Oh god, the view of marriage or relationships with Finns is depressing................

leisl

Post by leisl » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:30 pm

So is the advice. :?

Basically at the moment OP you do not have a valid reason for a residence permit. The authorities will probably not care that you are here if you do nothing wrong, but technically, once you divorce, they COULD cancel it and ask you to leave Finland.

In the mean time do not sign anything. As sort of hinted to you, from the time he starts the process it takes minimum 6 months to divorce IF you sign. If you do not, he must wait one year. In that one year period the divorce can't go through and you can stay.

You need to investigate the valid reasons to stay here without him. They are: job, family or study.

If you can get a full-time job this might be enough for you to put in a new residence permit before the divorce is finalised, and it would give you extra time. If you then keep working you can get enough time to apply for citizenship. Or you could apply for and get into university and get a residence permit based on study.

Family only applies if you either remarry or have a Finnish child before the divorce is finalised. Obviously you can't do the former, and it would be quite a silly move to have a child just to stay here - it will create more mess and it's a mess you are stuck with for life, so please just don't do it, either with the husband or someone else.

leisl

Post by leisl » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:35 pm

Y77 wrote:I noticed it is mostly the foreign hubby/boyfriend that makes a disappearance act and goes back to his original country, leaving the curvy silent blond back in the cold, and often a kid or 2
That's because statistically Finnish women go for educated Western men from Europe or UK/Commonwealth countries and the latter are the least likely to integrate (usually arrive here having never learned a foreign language and are frequently not highly-qualified, making integration tougher, particularly if they arrive unemployed or don't manage to find work quickly).

Conversely Finnish men go for Asian and Russian women who are more likely to be just housewives.

Don't shoot the messenger, either. It's backed up in official stats.

And I suspect the women often go home if they have no children. If they have children, they have an anchor to stay, you know?

Oombongo

Post by Oombongo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:32 am

Y77 wrote:
Are you one of them?
Wrong
That's how you ended up in the local sewer pipe?
Taking profile way too seriously? Wrong again :twisted:
Thanks for the morning laugh though.
Image Image

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:24 pm

leisl wrote:In the mean time do not sign anything. As sort of hinted to you, from the time he starts the process it takes minimum 6 months to divorce IF you sign. If you do not, he must wait one year. In that one year period the divorce can't go through and you can stay.
Court doesn't care if you sign or not. The divorce can be initiated by either or both parties and the one who hasn't signed the papers will be notified by the court about the process. After six months from filing (signed by both) or from the notification (signed by one person) either one can file a petition for final divorce.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.