Divorce and Residence Permit

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Piet

Re: Divorce and Residence Permit

Post by Piet » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:51 pm

tampere053 wrote:Hello.

I have been living in Finland for 3 and half years to be exact. I got married to Fin last year and now we are filing a divorce. The cool down period has not started yet but it gona start very soon. Say during this month. I have been granted A-Visa till 2019.

Currently I am studying and most probably I will finish my studies by the end of Spring Semester 2017.
I am continuously working in Finland since I came except a 5 month gap about a year ago that too was because company layed off some employees.
Currently I have permanent contract with a company.

My question is that, in a very unlikely worst case scenario, can the authorities cancel my residence permit? As of I have read on Infopankki and I quote

"If you have a fixed-term residence permit based on family ties, the end of your marriage or registered partnership may affect your residence permit.

If the family tie no longer exists, a residence permit granted on that basis will not necessarily be extended. It is also possible that your residence permit currently in force will be cancelled.

However, your residence permit can be extended if you continue to have strong ties to Finland. Examples of such strong ties include:

children or other family members in Finland
a job or a business in Finland
a student position in Finland.
"
I do not have children, but I do have job and I am still a student.

PS: Me and my wife have no domestic or other violence related issues sand the divorce is done entirely peacefully.
Your cool down period might take 6 months, by that time you are living in Finland for 4 years? and can file for citizenship while you are still married, then there is no need for any visa or RP any more.

If your ex is cooparative and you part friendly, you might ask her to put the divorce on hold 1,5 year, until you have your Finnish citizenship. This will make everything soo much more easy and uncomplicated instead of filing for a RP based on job or study instead of family ties.

Just a thought...

If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

Re: Divorce and Residence Permit

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic