Locked Doors - Apartments/Flats

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
harryc

Post by harryc » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:42 am

A number of contruction companies building multi-dwelling residences are resorting to just putting 'code boxes' at front doors - no apartment numbers, names, etc.

You know the code and you get in.

I have now heard that some delivery company employees are passing out these codes to 'undesirables.'

That system also makes it very difficult for legitimate use - one is required to have a cell phone, know the phone number etc.

What happened to the 'old fashioned' idea of an apartment number on the outside and a 'buzz in' system? It seems to me that no one has really thought things out.

ps - Ordered a book today from Amazon.com - and they asked on Internet form to give them Security Code for front door! (ready for hacking)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Jukka Aho

Re: Locked Doors - Apartments/Flats

Post by Jukka Aho » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:44 am

harryc wrote:ps - Ordered a book today from Amazon.com - and they asked on Internet form to give them Security Code for front door! (ready for hacking)
I think pizza-online.fi (or maybe it was some competitor of theirs, can’t be bothered to check right now) has a field for the same purpose on their order form. I’ve also had various delivery guys call me and ask the code in advance before they had even arrived at their destination.

A simple keypad-controlled electronic lock is, of course, cheaper than a full-fledged door phone system. Maybe the cost-benefit analysis just does not favor the latter unless the dwelling will somehow begin to attract loads of undesirable trespassers and changing the code will not help.
znark

harryc

Post by harryc » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:24 am

Maybe the cost-benefit analysis just does not favor the latter
Wasn't a problem before - I didn't hear of anyone not buying a place because the price was too high due to a 'buzz-in' system. Sorry - it's just a way to increase the developer's profits - I'm sure they keep the same €/m2 price!
unless the dwelling will somehow begin to attract loads of undesirable trespassers and changing the code will not help.
Perfect place for the self-fulfilling prophecy to apply.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:48 am

harryc wrote:
Maybe the cost-benefit analysis just does not favor the latter
Wasn't a problem before - I didn't hear of anyone not buying a place because the price was too high due to a 'buzz-in' system. Sorry - it's just a way to increase the developer's profits - I'm sure they keep the same €/m2 price!
Possible since current markets are supply limited. However, the housing company can choose to add the system later.

harryc

Post by harryc » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:09 pm

Possible since current markets are supply limited
Not sure what you mean - 'splain pls. You can't mean they've run out of buzzers in the world over the last few years, can you?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:28 pm

harryc wrote:
Possible since current markets are supply limited
Not sure what you mean - 'splain pls. You can't mean they've run out of buzzers in the world over the last few years, can you?
Supply of new apartments though lately there are signs that for two rooms (kaksio) the markets could be more in balance at least in the short term.

harryc

Post by harryc » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:05 pm

Supply of new apartments though lately there are signs that for two rooms (kaksio) the markets could be more in balance at least in the short term.
You've lost me. I'm not seeing a relationship of the market availability of residences with some possible 200 euros for a buzzer box.