Citizenship application processing time - Poliisi to Migri

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
MKV

Post by MKV » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:52 pm

Hello,

Beginning of 2017, Citizienship and Resident permit applications will be accepted by Migri directly.

Migri has been posting on their website that they have now ramped up their workforce.

Will that have any impact on processing time of Citizenship or resident permit applications?

Kind Regards.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Amzely

Re: Citizenship application processing time - Poliisi to Mig

Post by Amzely » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:22 am

MKV wrote:Hello,

Beginning of 2017, Citizienship and Resident permit applications will be accepted by Migri directly.

Migri has been posting on their website that they have now ramped up their workforce.

Will that have any impact on processing time of Citizenship or resident permit applications?

Kind Regards.

I don't think that this transition on handling will effect on processing times of citizenship application. Because police only receives a citizen application and forward it to Migri! So in future you will hand over straight to Migri, Nothing will change after all. There used to be some decisions in Poliisi about residence permits but now maybe those applications of RPs will get some benefit of early processing cuz poliisi has many task to do in Finland.

Amzely

MKV

Post by MKV » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:50 pm

Thank you for reply.

I would also be happy to hear that processing time will not have impact.

Couple of points -

1) Now some one has posted on one of the forum that Migri has responded that they are not processing applications at the moment as they are transitioning.

2) At least for resident applications, there has been different treatment. In Helsinki, it used to take 2 to 3 months (or more) for processing, while in Espoo, the officer accepting application would make decision right away and the card would be ready within a week. So it would be interesting to see what happens when Migri start processing citizienship and residentship.

Kind Regards.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:22 pm

For many RP types will be way slower. Also EU registration will be slower. For example few years ago when my wife came to Finland, I was not Finnish citizen, she applied as family ties to EU citizen and got the RP in 3 weeks because was handled only by local police. Now that all moved to Migri will take 9 months...