Peanut Butter - now 'good' available - OK price!

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
harryc

Post by harryc » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:13 am

Pirkka has put a really good PB on the market, OK price. ONLY peanuts and salt. And tasty! (both Smooth and Crunchy)

Lidl has tried with Vita D'Or - but the Dutch have put hardened palm oil and other food oils. Ugh! YUK!

Pirkka price quite OK -- 2 K's have had it €2.69 for 350g!

I've been a 'natural PB' fan for years now - eating Jiffy only when forced to :)

The Pirkka taste is right on - I've been buying TJ's fresh-ground, Smucker's natural, etc. and Pirkka is just fine. And, as said, price VERY reasonable - remembering we are in Finland.

(They also have a Nutella rip-off - but am not in for the sweet stuff)

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

leisl

Re: Peanut Butter - now 'good' available - OK price!

Post by leisl » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:14 am

Thank you!

harryc

Post by harryc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:54 pm

I'm curious if anyone else has found this product. And their opinion - I'm amzed how 'right' Pirkka has gotten this.

AlexInHelsinki

Post by AlexInHelsinki » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:29 pm

They have it in K Market in Kamppi in Helsinki. It looks good, and good price, too. Though I'm not that bothered about peanut butter so didn't buy it (it doesn't go well on rye bread so what's the point?).

If I ever need it for smoothies though, it's good to know it's there! :thumbsup:

harryc

Post by harryc » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:01 pm

"doesn't go well on rye bread so what's the point"

That's what I might have thought - but found it's great (IMO and grandson Alex's) on toasted Reissumies! Also goes very well on that square whole grainy rye that's 99 cents at Lidl but we 'double toast' it - much nicer taste and texture.

Just being peanuts and salt really does the trick - and it's a good tasting peanut - roasted the right amount. And somehow Kesko has put it in my 'personal discount collection' so they knock off another 30% from the price! :)