Own job plan from Te-Office

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
myray
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Own job plan from Te-Office

Post by myray » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:35 am

Happy new year to you all!
Has anyone gone through this process of oma suunitelma from te-office after being unemployed for a while? The te-office has invited me to come for a meeting but I don't have a clue what the meeting will be about.Any ideas?
Thanks in advance. :P



Own job plan from Te-Office

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

Upphew
Posts: 9912
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: Own job plan from Te-Office

Post by Upphew » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:24 pm

myray wrote:Happy new year to you all!
Has anyone gone through this process of oma suunitelma from te-office after being unemployed for a while? The te-office has invited me to come for a meeting but I don't have a clue what the meeting will be about.Any ideas?
Thanks in advance. :P
A plan to get you working. Or at least doing something else than being unemployed.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


leisl
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Re: Own job plan from Te-Office

Post by leisl » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:34 pm

Part of the new laws in place from the 1st of January where you will meet a case officer more often and have to demonstrate what you are doing.

If you could tell us more about the meeting afterwards, that would be really great.


Roger_1
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: Own job plan from Te-Office

Post by Roger_1 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:32 am

myray wrote:Happy new year to you all!
Has anyone gone through this process of oma suunitelma from te-office after being unemployed for a while? The te-office has invited me to come for a meeting but I don't have a clue what the meeting will be about.Any ideas?
Thanks in advance. :P
Hello,

When you are going to meet the TE Officer? Was it a mutual decided meeting time or they just gave you a random time to come for the meeting.

BR


myray
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: Own job plan from Te-Office

Post by myray » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:29 pm

They just gave a random date and time but told me to contact them if I won't make it on the said date.I plan to go abroad in search for job in an EU country if things work well for me.


leisl
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Re: Own job plan from Te-Office

Post by leisl » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:03 pm

myray wrote:They just gave a random date and time but told me to contact them if I won't make it on the said date.I plan to go abroad in search for job in an EU country if things work well for me.
Now I'm even more keen to hear how the meeting goes - I am in the same position (but I don't have a meeting date yet).


Roger_1
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: Own job plan from Te-Office

Post by Roger_1 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:20 pm

myray wrote:They just gave a random date and time but told me to contact them if I won't make it on the said date.I plan to go abroad in search for job in an EU country if things work well for me.
Hello Myray,

Thank you for making it clear. I was just curious, how we will know that TE office set a date and time of meeting for some one. Did they call or email you?

If talking about their TE online system, my status shows '' Työnhakusi on voimassa. TE-toimisto ottaa sinuun yhteyttä 01.07.2017.'' Is it the same place in online service, where it shows the status of next meeting ?

BR


myray
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: Own job plan from Te-Office

Post by myray » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:16 pm

Roger_1 wrote:
myray wrote:They just gave a random date and time but told me to contact them if I won't make it on the said date.I plan to go abroad in search for job in an EU country if things work well for me.
Hello Myray,

Thank you for making it clear. I was just curious, how we will know that TE office set a date and time of meeting for some one. Did they call or email you?

If talking about their TE online system, my status shows '' Työnhakusi on voimassa. TE-toimisto ottaa sinuun yhteyttä 01.07.2017.'' Is it the same place in online service, where it shows the status of next meeting ?

BR
Hello Roger,
They sent a mail to me through the post and on that same place online the date of the appointment is also written on it.If Yours says 01.07.2017,they may contact you through the post if they'd like to have a meeting with you somewhere in July too.Hopefully that infos helps you.


leisl
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Re: Own job plan from Te-Office

Post by leisl » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:30 am

I've been a client of theirs for years (low income) and they usually made appointments like that for me that were 7 to 8 months in the future... and then before the appointment arrived, the case officer would just send me an email and ask if my circumstances had changed, then change the date to 7 or 8 months further ahead. And never actually have any meeting. My current case officer, first assigned to me in I think 2010, has never met me.

I've gone years without speaking to anyone in person. The only time I've had contact with them recently was to advise my change in employment (and all I did was fill out a form). I've had the case officer changed twice and it's back to her. Among her gems was to tell me I had a compulsory job offer in Lohja for temporary ad-hoc kitchenhand work starting very early, where I'd be notified I had a day's work each morning, and have to go in asap. I told her I wouldn't be applying as my commute from Helsinki would mean I'd have to leave at 10pm (hours before I knew whether I'd have work) and then I'd have to sit in a bus stop for hours, as I'd arrive at 2.30am in the morning. Such a stupid job to send to a Helsinki resident when I am sure there are unemployed locals who could do the job.

I think now you'll understand why they overhauled the system... if I remember correctly, appointments will now be every three months.

So your date of 01.07 is almost guaranteed to be replaced with a sooner appointment.


Roger_1
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: Own job plan from Te-Office

Post by Roger_1 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:59 am

Thnx myray..
Leisl : Yes, you are right. I am expecting the same. However, it was 1.1.2017 to which they change to 1.7.2017 at the beginning of the year, but with new change of plan, anything is expected.

I hope at least they should give a month before the meeting, so that you sought out issues, if you are traveling outside in those dates.


Honest
Posts: 439
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: Own job plan from Te-Office

Post by Honest » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:36 pm

If you are travelling other than for work related reasons, you are supposed to inform them before your travels.


tavastia
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: Own job plan from Te-Office

Post by tavastia » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:28 am

Honest wrote:If you are travelling other than for work related reasons, you are supposed to inform them before your travels.
You don't have to inform anymore, but in case they ask you to go at TE-office or some job interview you need to be available.


User avatar
Piet
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:45 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Own job plan from Te-Office

Post by Piet » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:39 pm

I just wonder how TE office is going to do this, 400.000 jobless, every 3 months an interview, half hour minimum incl. paperwork and filing in the system.

Let me do the math on that, that is 800.000 hours work in 1 year time.
1 person works 36 hours a week and has 160 hours holiday (about...I think) that would make 1712 hours work for one person
That would be work for 468 people full time without sick leave when there is a flu or influenza or pregnancy or parental leave and every half hour the next "patient" comes and lunch breaks and coffee time are not working time.

So I guess now sipilä can say he created 500 jobs. :lol: :lol:

Oh and of course this is only the front office, we are not discussing the back office yet or the management, so probably the amount of new jobs created is about 500 front office, 1000 back office and 500 team leaders and 2000 managers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and if the whole interview process takes an hour, this amount doubles :wink:

What a country... you got to love it. :thumbsup: :ochesey:
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world
Image


Y77
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:52 am

Re: Own job plan from Te-Office

Post by Y77 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:13 am

Piet wrote:I just wonder how TE office is going to do this, 400.000 jobless, every 3 months an interview, half hour minimum incl. paperwork and filing in the system.

Let me do the math on that, that is 800.000 hours work in 1 year time.
1 person works 36 hours a week and has 160 hours holiday (about...I think) that would make 1712 hours work for one person
That would be work for 468 people full time without sick leave when there is a flu or influenza or pregnancy or parental leave and every half hour the next "patient" comes and lunch breaks and coffee time are not working time.

So I guess now sipilä can say he created 500 jobs. :lol: :lol:

Oh and of course this is only the front office, we are not discussing the back office yet or the management, so probably the amount of new jobs created is about 500 front office, 1000 back office and 500 team leaders and 2000 managers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and if the whole interview process takes an hour, this amount doubles :wink:

What a country... you got to love it. :thumbsup: :ochesey:
This is not a new system,in the UK if you are claiming JSA you have to go to the jobcenter every 2 weeks to talk to someone and show where you looked for work. Plus there are Community Support Officers at Stansted airport that carry out random checks after check in to catch the benefit cheeters that go to Torremolinos for 2 weeks before the next interview is due. The jokes goes: so sir how is the jobsearch over the last couple of weeks gone? Working hard on my suntan, sir...


User avatar
Piet
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:45 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Own job plan from Te-Office

Post by Piet » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:36 pm

Y77 wrote: This is not a new system,in the UK if you are claiming JSA you have to go to the jobcenter every 2 weeks to talk to someone and show where you looked for work. Plus there are Community Support Officers at Stansted airport that carry out random checks after check in to catch the benefit cheeters that go to Torremolinos for 2 weeks before the next interview is due. The jokes goes: so sir how is the jobsearch over the last couple of weeks gone? Working hard on my suntan, sir...
And I thought that Fins are such law obedient citizens, here nobody cheats so why this system? Image
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world
Image


Post Reply