About Puplic Transport's Cards

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
John_Silver
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:44 am

About Puplic Transport's Cards

Post by John_Silver » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:37 pm

Hello everyone,

I am a student but I am totally confused about the usage of cards of Public transport here in Finland. Thus, please, may I know:

1- from where can I get the card that entitles me to commute inside the city by bus everyday unlimited number of times per month? How much does it cost?

2- does that card that entitles me to travel between cities (via bus or train..etc)?

3- What is the benefit of Student's card in these situations?

4- Any ideas or suggestions regrading this matter?

Thanks in advance

John



About Puplic Transport's Cards

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

User avatar
Beep_Boop
Posts: 2041
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Niflheim, Suomi

Re: About Puplic Transport's Cards

Post by Beep_Boop » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:07 pm

Where in Finland?
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.


John_Silver
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:44 am

Re: About Puplic Transport's Cards

Post by John_Silver » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:47 am

Beep_Boop wrote:Where in Finland?
Kouvola.


John_Silver
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:44 am

Re: About Puplic Transport's Cards

Post by John_Silver » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:20 am

Any response?


User avatar
Beep_Boop
Posts: 2041
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Niflheim, Suomi

Re: About Puplic Transport's Cards

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:08 am

How about whining less about responses? Take it easy, this is a free forum. You're not entitled for answers.

http://www.kouvola.fi/index/kadutjaliik ... innat.html

1. From Kouvolan Matkakeskus, Hallituskatu 3. Ask for Kausilippu.
2. No. Those can be purchased separately from Matkahuolto and/or VR.
3. You get 13.6% discount.
4. See 1, 2, and 3.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.


John_Silver
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:44 am

Re: About Puplic Transport's Cards

Post by John_Silver » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:32 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:How about whining less about responses? Take it easy, this is a free forum. You're not entitled for answers.

http://www.kouvola.fi/index/kadutjaliik ... innat.html

1. From Kouvolan Matkakeskus, Hallituskatu 3. Ask for Kausilippu.
2. No. Those can be purchased separately from Matkahuolto and/or VR.
3. You get 13.6% discount.
4. See 1, 2, and 3.
Hi,

First of all, there is no whining at all. The matter is that living here in Finland is very limited. I mean it is in usual from Mon - Fri. That is why I tried to get any response to save the time before the weekend. In addition, there is a lot of bureaucracy almost in everything. Sorry but this is the fact.
Second, Many thanks.


User avatar
sinikala
Posts: 4993
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:10 pm
Location: Pori, Finland

Re: About Puplic Transport's Cards

Post by sinikala » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:21 pm

For travelling between cities check the second link here

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=student+bus+travel+finland

:roll:
Image


John_Silver
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:44 am

Re: About Puplic Transport's Cards

Post by John_Silver » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:24 pm

sinikala wrote:For travelling between cities check the second link here

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=student+bus+travel+finland

:roll:
Thank you so much


User avatar
sinikala
Posts: 4993
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:10 pm
Location: Pori, Finland

Re: About Puplic Transport's Cards

Post by sinikala » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:03 pm

John_Silver wrote:
sinikala wrote:For travelling between cities check the second link here

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=student+bus+travel+finland

:roll:
Thank you so much
Wasn't exactly rocket surgery, was it?
Image


interleukin
Posts: 2361
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:46 pm
Location: Stockholm

Re: About Puplic Transport's Cards

Post by interleukin » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:33 pm

Please stop using that silly large font, John_Silver, it is not needed and against the "normal text & behaviour" in the forum rules. Thanks!
Image
Image


John_Silver
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:44 am

Re: About Puplic Transport's Cards

Post by John_Silver » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:54 pm

interleukin wrote:Please stop using that silly large font, John_Silver, it is not needed and against the "normal text & behaviour" in the forum rules. Thanks!
Would you be more polite and use kind words when you try to say something?.. Thanks!!


Upphew
Posts: 10130
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: About Puplic Transport's Cards

Post by Upphew » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:39 pm

John_Silver wrote:
interleukin wrote:Please stop using that silly large font, John_Silver, it is not needed and against the "normal text & behaviour" in the forum rules. Thanks!
Would you be more polite and use kind words when you try to say something?.. Thanks!!
How much more polite one must be? Start with please and end with thanks and you want still more politeness.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


User avatar
Beep_Boop
Posts: 2041
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Niflheim, Suomi

Re: About Puplic Transport's Cards

Post by Beep_Boop » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:43 pm

Upphew wrote:How much more polite one must be? Start with please and end with thanks and you want still more politeness.
He said 'silly'. Mommy said 'silly' is a bad word.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.


Post Reply