2 years requirement to get a phone contract

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
leisl
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Re: 2 years requirement to get a phone contract

Post by leisl » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Get over it. You haven't got a legal right to enter into a contract with anyone. What sort of question is this? Can't believe someone is so arrogant that they think they can demand a private company GIVE them a service then trust the bill will be paid later.

Don't be ridiculous. If you're foreign, you're automatically not trusted until you prove otherwise. You don't get the rights of a Finn until you are one. Build a bridge and go prepaid. It's still cheaper than most of the world. There are better things to argue about.

Re: 2 years requirement to get a phone contract

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

User avatar
lpuerto
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:47 pm
Location: Joensuu

Re: 2 years requirement to get a phone contract

Post by lpuerto » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:37 pm

leisl wrote:Get over it. You haven't got a legal right to enter into a contract with anyone. What sort of question is this? Can't believe someone is so arrogant that they think they can demand a private company GIVE them a service then trust the bill will be paid later.

Don't be ridiculous. If you're foreign, you're automatically not trusted until you prove otherwise. You don't get the rights of a Finn until you are one. Build a bridge and go prepaid. It's still cheaper than most of the world. There are better things to argue about.
The arrogant here is you and your redneck prejudices over immigrants.

Get over it, sometimes companies do ilegal things or make discriminations even when the law say otherwise. Just a small clear example.
http://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/banks ... rs/7804023
http://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/onlin ... ns/9373490

Besides, I'm not an immigrant, I'm in my country, it's call Europe. Sorry if that bothers you pal.


User avatar
Beep_Boop
Posts: 1969
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Niflheim, Suomi

Re: 2 years requirement to get a phone contract

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:06 pm

lpuerto wrote:Besides, I'm not an immigrant, I'm in my country, it's call Europe. Sorry if that bothers you pal.
:lol:
Every f*cking application is unique.You can't measure the result of your application based on random anecdotes online. Stop being a moron!


PJG
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: 2 years requirement to get a phone contract

Post by PJG » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:01 am

lpuerto wrote:
leisl wrote:Get over it. You haven't got a legal right to enter into a contract with anyone. What sort of question is this? Can't believe someone is so arrogant that they think they can demand a private company GIVE them a service then trust the bill will be paid later.

Don't be ridiculous. If you're foreign, you're automatically not trusted until you prove otherwise. You don't get the rights of a Finn until you are one. Build a bridge and go prepaid. It's still cheaper than most of the world. There are better things to argue about.
The arrogant here is you and your redneck prejudices over immigrants.

Get over it, sometimes companies do ilegal things or make discriminations even when the law say otherwise. Just a small clear example.
http://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/banks ... rs/7804023
http://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/onlin ... ns/9373490

Besides, I'm not an immigrant, I'm in my country, it's call Europe. Sorry if that bothers you pal.
Europe is NOT a country.

Do the rest of us a favour and stop acting like some entitled £$€¤%&.


inkku
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: 2 years requirement to get a phone contract

Post by inkku » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:52 am

lpuerto, since you seem to know, could you tall what experiences you have in other countries (also including the counties of EU), what are the conditions for recently arrived immigrants/expats to get a postpaid telephone/internet connection?


User avatar
Beep_Boop
Posts: 1969
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:29 pm
Location: Niflheim, Suomi

Re: 2 years requirement to get a phone contract

Post by Beep_Boop » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:02 am

inkku wrote:lpuerto, since you seem to know, could you tall what experiences you have in other countries (also including the counties of EU), what are the conditions for recently arrived immigrants/expats to get a postpaid telephone/internet connection?
In Germany, Netherlands, and Norway, you just need to be in the system and have a permanent address and a bank account. In the US, you need to be above some WORD CENSOR - SPAM POST/MESSAGE!!! threshold, which you can usually get by having a couple of credit cards and having paid your bills in about 5-6 months after you've started living in the country.

While I do find OP incredibly annoying, I think it's only fair to mention how backwards Finland is when it comes to these things. Especially with giving foreigners access to internet banking, Tupas, and phone contracts.
Every f*cking application is unique.You can't measure the result of your application based on random anecdotes online. Stop being a moron!


inkku
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: 2 years requirement to get a phone contract

Post by inkku » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:10 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:
inkku wrote:lpuerto, since you seem to know, could you tall what experiences you have in other countries (also including the counties of EU), what are the conditions for recently arrived immigrants/expats to get a postpaid telephone/internet connection?
In Germany, Netherlands, and Norway, you just need to be in the system and have a permanent address and a bank account. In the US, you need to be above some WORD CENSOR - SPAM POST/MESSAGE!!! threshold, which you can usually get by having a couple of credit cards and having paid your bills in about 5-6 months after you've started living in the country.

While I do find OP incredibly annoying, I think it's only fair to mention how backwards Finland is when it comes to these things. Especially with giving foreigners access to internet banking, Tupas, and phone contracts.
A postpaid without deposit at all? And how easy it is to be in the system? For instance I know somebody (from the US) who was married to a Norwegian who after moving permanently to Norway, fought for two years to be entitled to the same health care as Norwegians themselves.

I have no evidence but what I suspect that initially the rules were the same for everybody. When companies started gathering losses, they moved to the other end. But the culture in Finland has always been that those are the rules and you have to abide by them, there is no flexibility which is really irritating.


User avatar
lpuerto
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:47 pm
Location: Joensuu

Re: 2 years requirement to get a phone contract

Post by lpuerto » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:17 pm

inkku wrote:lpuerto, since you seem to know, could you tall what experiences you have in other countries (also including the counties of EU), what are the conditions for recently arrived immigrants/expats to get a postpaid telephone/internet connection?
In Spain, and I guess in the rest of the rest of the south of Europe, you just need a valid passport and a bank account. To have a bank account you just need a valid passport. If you don't pay they just cut the line and that is. They put in the debtors registry, and of course, from them own and until you pay you can't contract anything else.

Isn't that difficult.


User avatar
lpuerto
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:47 pm
Location: Joensuu

Re: 2 years requirement to get a phone contract

Post by lpuerto » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:19 pm

Thanks you all that consider me incredible obnoxious or annoying... you make me proud of myself and I love you too. :lol:


User avatar
lpuerto
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:47 pm
Location: Joensuu

Re: 2 years requirement to get a phone contract

Post by lpuerto » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:21 pm

inkku wrote:
Beep_Boop wrote:
inkku wrote:lpuerto, since you seem to know, could you tall what experiences you have in other countries (also including the counties of EU), what are the conditions for recently arrived immigrants/expats to get a postpaid telephone/internet connection?
In Germany, Netherlands, and Norway, you just need to be in the system and have a permanent address and a bank account. In the US, you need to be above some WORD CENSOR - SPAM POST/MESSAGE!!! threshold, which you can usually get by having a couple of credit cards and having paid your bills in about 5-6 months after you've started living in the country.

While I do find OP incredibly annoying, I think it's only fair to mention how backwards Finland is when it comes to these things. Especially with giving foreigners access to internet banking, Tupas, and phone contracts.
A postpaid without deposit at all? And how easy it is to be in the system? For instance I know somebody (from the US) who was married to a Norwegian who after moving permanently to Norway, fought for two years to be entitled to the same health care as Norwegians themselves.

I have no evidence but what I suspect that initially the rules were the same for everybody. When companies started gathering losses, they moved to the other end. But the culture in Finland has always been that those are the rules and you have to abide by them, there is no flexibility which is really irritating.
Your example about Norwegian and American and so really depends on several different things, like for example the kind of contact the Norwegian has. Isn't a good example.


User avatar
lpuerto
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:47 pm
Location: Joensuu

Re: 2 years requirement to get a phone contract

Post by lpuerto » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:21 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:
inkku wrote:lpuerto, since you seem to know, could you tall what experiences you have in other countries (also including the counties of EU), what are the conditions for recently arrived immigrants/expats to get a postpaid telephone/internet connection?
In Germany, Netherlands, and Norway, you just need to be in the system and have a permanent address and a bank account. In the US, you need to be above some WORD CENSOR - SPAM POST/MESSAGE!!! threshold, which you can usually get by having a couple of credit cards and having paid your bills in about 5-6 months after you've started living in the country.

While I do find OP incredibly annoying, I think it's only fair to mention how backwards Finland is when it comes to these things. Especially with giving foreigners access to internet banking, Tupas, and phone contracts.
Thanks a lot for the help, and for the love! :wink:


leisl
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Re: 2 years requirement to get a phone contract

Post by leisl » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:35 pm

lpuerto wrote:The arrogant here is you and your redneck prejudices over immigrants.

Get over it, sometimes companies do ilegal things or make discriminations even when the law say otherwise. Just a small clear example.
http://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/banks ... rs/7804023
http://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/onlin ... ns/9373490

Besides, I'm not an immigrant, I'm in my country, it's call Europe. Sorry if that bothers you pal.
Wow congrats, you're officially a moron. I'm an immigrant myself. But apparently you think Finland owes you something and by being shouty and a know-it-all, you'll get everything you want in this country. The rest of us know how well arrogance works here... best you be on your way now before you fall flat on your ignorant face again.


inkku
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: 2 years requirement to get a phone contract

Post by inkku » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:39 pm

lpuerto wrote:
inkku wrote:lpuerto, since you seem to know, could you tall what experiences you have in other countries (also including the counties of EU), what are the conditions for recently arrived immigrants/expats to get a postpaid telephone/internet connection?
In Spain, and I guess in the rest of the rest of the south of Europe, you just need a valid passport and a bank account. To have a bank account you just need a valid passport. If you don't pay they just cut the line and that is. They put in the debtors registry, and of course, from them own and until you pay you can't contract anything else.

Isn't that difficult.
So you have lived there a an immigrant?

In the Uk, I needed a deposit, but it was not too much perhaps e100.


NukkuMatti
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:51 pm

Re: 2 years requirement to get a phone contract

Post by NukkuMatti » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:03 pm

Let me try to understand, you are mad because you need to wait for 2 years before you are granted a fixed contract in your name.

So what is wrong then with the prepaid? Oh yeah nothing, you can get the same service but it is only the idea that because you lived in another country and not in Finland for the past two years, that you feel mistreated because company policy has decided you need to live in Finland for 2 years first before they grant you a fixed contract.

Do you understand that it is only a feeling, and feelings are very personal, this one is yours, some others might have the same feelings, but might have not or have other feelings. I for example have the feeling that immigrants (like me) are granted too easy all kind of benefits f.e. when they have nothing they can actually get money for a phone (prepaid that is), while the working man has to pay for this himself. (Toimeentulotuki)
But that is just my feeling, that does not make it a trampling of my rights or injustice to me because I work and have to pay for it myself.
In your case It is just how it is by decision of the management of the company you want a service of. Accept that it is like that or buy enough shares so you can vote for a change in the shareholders meeting. In my case I can vote for a party that wants to change this or run for member of parliament myself (after I acquired the Finish citizenship).

So stop wining and take action yourself. If you want something changed, nothing will change when you only come to a forum to wine over your feelings of injustice.
So get Finnish citizenship and vote for parliament and for the phone stuff, buy shares to be able to vote.

Some advice, go wine about your feelings in the forum "pub/tea corner" if you insist.


User avatar
lpuerto
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:47 pm
Location: Joensuu

Re: 2 years requirement to get a phone contract

Post by lpuerto » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:21 pm

inkku wrote:
lpuerto wrote:
inkku wrote:lpuerto, since you seem to know, could you tall what experiences you have in other countries (also including the counties of EU), what are the conditions for recently arrived immigrants/expats to get a postpaid telephone/internet connection?
In Spain, and I guess in the rest of the rest of the south of Europe, you just need a valid passport and a bank account. To have a bank account you just need a valid passport. If you don't pay they just cut the line and that is. They put in the debtors registry, and of course, from them own and until you pay you can't contract anything else.

Isn't that difficult.
So you have lived there a an immigrant?

In the Uk, I needed a deposit, but it was not too much perhaps e100.
No, I haven't. But I've been helping Finnish people, among other immigrants, with their papers and with this kind of contracts and bureaucracy. Besides, if you want to know what are the requirements. You just to google them:

https://www.justlanded.com/english/Spai ... act-mobile
https://www.justlanded.com/english/Spai ... cy-and-NIE
https://www.justlanded.com/english/Spai ... nk-account

I'm not going to say that Spain is a easy country to live with you are immigrant, even less if you don't speak Spanish because English services, both public or private, are almost nonexistent. Even less, yes even less, if you live in small city.

Regarding you calling me a moron... yes, I knew you are an immigrant and seems that you are British, which all make sense.


Post Reply