FinnAir Plus

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
philimoni

FinnAir Plus

Post by philimoni » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:53 pm

Hey,

I went on a trip to France last weekend, and while on the flight I signed up for FinnAir Plus as I travel a bit for work. The form I filled said they would send a confirmation email, and then when I have completed a flight, a membership card will be sent to my home address.

Yet 9 days later, still no email to confirm I have signed up.

Has anybody else had any experience with this? I'm not sure if this is their normal processing time or my form has dissappeared.

Thanks in advance for any help!

FinnAir Plus

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

wolf80

Re: FinnAir Plus

Post by wolf80 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:08 pm

How about you call their customer support and ask them?

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:52 pm

Did you fill in a form on paper during the flight?
Easier just to sign up online. Anything on paper (including the post) is SLOW in Finland.

tavastia

Post by tavastia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:02 am

Relax,it will take months. You can use the temporary number you got it when you singin.

riku2

Post by riku2 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:55 pm

The card is not really needed. Just make sure your membership number is on any booking. Even if you reach gold/platinum you rarely need the card since the boarding pass will have "lounge invitation" written on it. lounge access is the only time I've ever needed the card (last week in Manchester for example) but never needed in Helsinki or London.

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:41 pm

Indeed, I don't think I have used my plastic card recently. I just plug in the number when I book online.
Do you get lounge access with the regular card? Don't you need platinum/gold for that?

philimoni

Post by philimoni » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:11 pm

I filled out the form on the flight 17.2, then applied online also the same weekend.

I'm flying back home again next saturday so if Ive heard nothing then, ill just go to a customer service counter.

Im just very surprised i didnt get an instant email with membership number when i applied online!

riku2

Post by riku2 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:52 pm

Rosamunda wrote:Do you get lounge access with the regular card? Don't you need platinum/gold for that?
Yes, it's gold/platinum. So the OP is unlikely to be troubled by the lack of a plastic card for a while. They will need to progress through silver (lounge access removed as a benefit last year) and only when they get to gold will lounge access be given.
The lounge access is the only time I show the physical card .. with the exception of checking in at Birmingham airport lufthansa counter once and I walked straight up to the business class checkin desk, and people queuing on the left of me shouted out "there's a queue here". The check in woman held up my card and tried to calm them down with "he's got a card, he's got a card". So few were travelling business class from Birmingham that people in the queue just thought there was one queue for the two desks - economy and business.