Where to rent a minibus for two weeks

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
plan

Post by plan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:46 am

Hi,

My family plansto make a travel in Nordic counitires, Finland, Sweden, Norway and Danmark by driving a minibus.
Where can we rent a cheap minibus?
What is the best route? Finland is the starting place and returing place?

Please give more advices?

Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Piet

Re: Where to rent a minibus for two weeks

Post by Piet » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:18 pm

plan wrote:Hi,

My family plansto make a travel in Nordic counitires, Finland, Sweden, Norway and Danmark by driving a minibus.
Where can we rent a cheap minibus?
What is the best route? Finland is the starting place and returing place?

Please give more advices?

Thanks
This will not be cheap, further more you need to have a good credit history and valid creditcard to be able to rent a minibus that also is used for border crossing. You will see yourself limited to companies as Hertz that do international renting.

or try these: http://gpn.travel/finland/

But cheap is an illusion 8)
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

plan

Post by plan » Tue May 16, 2017 11:14 am

Thanks

Rosamunda

Post by Rosamunda » Tue May 16, 2017 9:17 pm

And, depending on the number of passengers, you may need a special drivers licence. I'm not sure what the rule is... But the standard B licence is for 8+1 p and 3.5 tonnes. Anything bigger would require a D1. I don't know how car hire firms deal with that.

Honest

Post by Honest » Tue May 16, 2017 9:38 pm

Depends where you want to travel. If you take a ferry from Finland and go to Sweden and stay in the southern parts and come back with the ferry it might be OK. But if you want to go to beautiful north of Norway that will be a lot of driving. If start from southern Finland and go to North of Norway and then drive down to south and with the ferry back to Finland, it will be 3500-4000 km. And that also if you don't drive around much. Just go straight there and then down to south.

About rent, as you are going out of the country, you shouldn't be looking for the cheapest options. You should be looking for something where all and everything is covered by insurance. Otherwise you might end up with a lot of trouble and all your plan destroyed.