Marriage with cousin

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Kaka

Marriage with cousin

Post by Kaka » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:33 pm

Hello guys,

I married with my cousin. We have same cast. Does she get finnish citizenship? Beecause of I am.

Does migri check that are we cousin or not? Like dna test something?

Even, is it allowed in Finland to marry cousin?

Anu idea!!

Marriage with cousin

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Marriage with cousin

Post by betelgeuse » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:39 pm

Kaka wrote: I married with my cousin. We have same cast. Does she get finnish citizenship? Beecause of I am.
No.
Kaka wrote: Does migri check that are we cousin or not? Like dna test something?
No.
Kaka wrote: Even, is it allowed in Finland to marry cousin?
Yes.

biscayne

Post by biscayne » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Even, is it allowed in Finland to marry cousin?

Unfortunately, yes.

If a pregnancy occurs, I would strongly advise you tell the midwife immediately that you are a consanguineous couple and avail of any screening or diagnostics they offer for the fetus. There is a fairly large chance of a congenital defect, especially if both of your families have practiced cousin-marriage (if your parents and grandparents are also cousins).

Piet

Post by Piet » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:40 pm

biscayne wrote:Even, is it allowed in Finland to marry cousin?

Unfortunately, yes.

If a pregnancy occurs, I would strongly advise you tell the midwife immediately that you are a consanguineous couple and avail of any screening or diagnostics they offer for the fetus. There is a fairly large chance of a congenital defect, especially if both of your families have practised :wink: cousin-marriage (if your parents and grandparents are also cousins).
In layman terms explained: whoever marries within his own family, their kids will have bigger chances on birth defects and genetic disorders, this is a biological thing and has to do with recessive genes for illnesses being amplified due to the lack of Dominant healthy genes. The closer the blood relationship, the bigger the chance on these recessive defects surfacing.

Therefore it is strongly advised to couples that are family to defer from having children or not to begin a relationship at all to prevent inbreeding .This is also the reason why for any closer relative marriages than cousins, you will need special permission from the court to get married (at least in most EU countries). This problem is clearly visible in for example inbred dogs being much more aggressive and unpredictable than healthy lineage stock.

In general, inbred (marriage with kids within ones own family) is considered a stupid thing to do, every time it happens within one family, it reduces the chance on healthy offspring (kids) and this problem will amplify the more it happens in the family lineage in the future.

However when we are talking about inbreeding with 3rd cousins or more distant related (so the same grand grand grand father), offspring seems to be healthier than average.
(see Island population :lol: )

Inbred used to be common practice within nobility (kings and queens, dukes, duchesses, etc.) several hundred years ago, that is why we probably had so much idiots ruling in that time and so much wars. :shock:

Some persons suspected of the result of inbreed might therefore be f.e. Bush and Trump :lol: :lol: oh and don't forget the idiots from the middle east that are chopping off each others heads, clear examples of centuries of inbred. :lol:
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world