Driving Car after Inspection failed

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
mujaddadi

Post by mujaddadi » Thu May 11, 2017 8:55 pm

Hi,
I went to annual inspection today and they failed the car and told me to change break pad etc. So am I allowed to drive the car before the next inspection or do I have to fix the car and wait till It gets clear?

Thanks

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Honest

Re: Driving Car after Inspection failed

Post by Honest » Thu May 11, 2017 11:58 pm

If they have not specifically asked you not too drive and haven't put a sticker on the windshield to indicate that car is not drivable, you can drive it for one month. You can't drive after one month.

mujaddadi

Post by mujaddadi » Tue May 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Thank you for your reply.

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:55 pm

But normally you are not allowed to drive it past the day the last inspection papers are valid.

So if you need to have the new inspection until 31.5., and you fail the inspection on 27.5. but are still allowed to drive, you only have until 31.5. to drive it. After that date you are only allowed to drive it to inspection again after it was repaired, theoretically you would not even be allowed to drive it from your home to the repair shop. Also you can't have it parked on public streets and parking places.

If you have it inspected (in this scenario) let's say at 2.6. and you fail, the inspection body will only allow you to drive the car to a nearby repair shop, if the defect is not influencing traffic safety.