Where to get my hair done?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
RA

Post by RA » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:45 am

http://www.coloursinternational.fi

Braiding from 260-550€, weaves 140-280€

But they'd probably style and dye your weave for much cheaper prices, I guess.

saving chimpanzees is a big hairy deal

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Lefty

Post by Lefty » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:52 pm

RA wrote
weaves 140-280€
:shock: are they serious?? thats insane, pure extortion! I get my weave done for £30 which is about 45€ !! on the other hand, I could open a business doing afro & caucasian hair could make me a tidy sum of money................ anyone interested in teaming up? :lol:

neil

Post by neil » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:29 pm

Lefty wrote: :shock: are they serious?? thats insane, pure extortion!
Everything is expensive in Finland. The sooner I 'got over it' the better life was :lol:

...and dont even ask me my opinion about the price of bread!
Neil

Please add a link to https://www.finlandforum.org

Lefty

Post by Lefty » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:41 pm

neil wrote
...and dont even ask me my opinion about the price of bread!
I must! how much is it? oh wait, let me guess, 1 million euro? I can't believe this country! the things I don't need are cheap (vodka) and the essentials are bloody expensive when you compare standards to England! So tell me, how much is tampax? sanitary towels? or will I have to devise a mechanism to stop menstruation? :x

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:14 pm

Lefty wrote:devise a mechanism to stop menstruation?
Well, you get pregnant I guess.

I am just wondering whats the problem? You seem to have bocooloads of money driving a Mercedes-Benz so you should be able to afford a 150 euro braiding weekly. I find Finland not really that expensive when it comes to daily necessities, but then again I never would imagine having a Mercedes-Benz with my salary. Oh yes, you're moving to Finland with a Finnish salary. Then its slightly different. Theres three options for hair, either shave it all, let it just grow, or then pay the kinky prices. Men these days seem to opt quite a lot of #1, some (like me #2) and then women go blow their money on something resembling a hen's rear end and whine about the prices when they've just shot a weeks worth of groceries into something they need to keep under a blaclava anyways. :lol:
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

Lefty

Post by Lefty » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:09 pm

there is a difference between expensive and extortionate! You would expect a mercedes to be expensive, I bought it because I worked toward it, I knew it was going to make a dent in my bank balance, but I expected it. I dont expect hair to be unbelievably expensive and 280€ is very very costly when you are not used to it. Its not the price its the principle! I NEED to do my hair :cry: and I guess if 280 is they way it will have to be played then so be it. since my intake of chocolate is going to go downhill, I might aswell divert the funds, no choice.

hank wrote
but then again I never would imagine having a Mercedes-Benz with my salary
Dont ever think like that!!! I never imagined driving a mercedes, but then I looked around and there were people younger than me with lots of money and then there's my boyf who has Sh*t loads of cash I and sed their is NO way I'm going to be left behind! So I got a better job, well paying and I'm very well suited for it and I believe I deserve it! you can do it too hank! If you want any advice on how to go about it, ask me!! I want everyone to succeed and be filthy rich!

Hank W.
The Motorhead

Post by Hank W. » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:17 pm

Yes but this is Finland. :lol: If I wanted to be filthy rich I'd have to move to somewhere else. Here its a different reality. You'll see. :lol:

I was actually talking to a girl today about hairbrading and she said it takes so much time that is why it is so expensive. She said people here are so cheap they only want to pay 50 euros for 2 days work if you do it at home for friends and foaf. And that back home she can get the braiding done at 800 shillings; but then she added: but the economy is different :lol: not a dumb girl at all.

So yes if it takes 2 days work thats not extortionate at all... see now there is the VAT and pension and...
Cheers, Hank W.
sitting here like a lemon looking for a gin.

RA

Post by RA » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:29 am

Hank W. wrote:Yes but this is Finland. :lol: If I wanted to be filthy rich I'd have to move to somewhere else. Here its a different reality. You'll see. :lol:

I was actually talking to a girl today about hairbrading and she said it takes so much time that is why it is so expensive. She said people here are so cheap they only want to pay 50 euros for 2 days work if you do it at home for friends and foaf. And that back home she can get the braiding done at 800 shillings; but then she added: but the economy is different :lol: not a dumb girl at all.

So yes if it takes 2 days work thats not extortionate at all... see now there is the VAT and pension and...
Very true. The hairdressers here have to charge prices that are in line with the Finnish market and economy and taxes. Just having their business costs a lot so of course they have to cover their costs by charging the prices they do. So the prices charged for hairbraiding and weaving in Finland are really very high, also the prices for 'black' hair products are very high and you can't even get the same quality of braids and weaves here as you would in countries where there is a bigger market for them. Still lots of people here rely on each other (friends or the friend of a friend of a friend) to do their hair because not many are willing to spend the prices charges by the 'professional' saloons. I don't call it being cheap, I call it saving. If a person tells me she'll do braids for 50€ then I wouldn't say no... she could ask for more, right? Also I think people that braid here actually know each other so it's more of a come over and spend a couple days at my house and could you do my hair and I'll do yours?

Lefty

Post by Lefty » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:33 pm

hank wrote
So yes if it takes 2 days work thats not extortionate at all
it depends what braid you are doing, the smaller the braids get the more time and the more money, I agree. but weaves, which is what I do are quick and easy and normally shouldn't cost alot. The longest it has ever taken to weave my hair is 30 minutes and that was pushing it, its is usually a 15-20 minute job. and thats why it is so cheap coz you can get more heads done hence more money collected per day. now thats business sense.

Anneli

Post by Anneli » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:52 am

RA - you can buy curly hair products from a site in Sweden - http://www.abeni.net
That's where I get my stuff

RA

Post by RA » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:00 am

Thanks Anneli for the link. Haven't heard of those products before though. Are they any good? I suppose I could try. As of now I use L'oreal's professional absolut repair and curls products and also Lanz'a products which work really great for me. I have to get them straight from my hairdresser though but the prices are okay- for Finland :wink:

Anneli

Post by Anneli » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:48 pm

I use them on my daughter's hair, they are excellent.

dolce

Post by dolce » Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:28 am

Can anyone recommend a good salon that can just blowdry and straighten (with straighteners) curly hair... Somewhere in central Helsinki.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated...

Kiitos! :)

Drienswelf

Re: Where to get my hair done?

Post by Drienswelf » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:48 am

Yeah don't take tens about this. It totally depends on your hair. What type of they are and which type of hair products you use. :)

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Where to get my hair done?

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:48 am

Drienswelf wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:48 am
Yeah don't take tens about this. It totally depends on your hair. What type of they are and which type of hair products you use. :)
The previous post was 12 years ago, probably the issue has been aleady sorted.