Extended study permit denied because of insufficient funds

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
lapis

Post by lapis » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:47 am

Hello everyone,

I have just received a negative decision on my (second, first time it was renewed successfully) extended study permit due to "lack of secure funding". While I had a little more than a required sum in my bank account when I applied in December, I had obviously spent some of this money on living expenses - well, a bigger portion of it - prior being asked for a supplementary bank statement with a list of transactions in April. I'm financially supported by my parents, and they put money into my account "when necessary" - I thought it would only be logical that some money is going to be spent in 4 months (none of it was withdrawn straight after, and all transactions are documented to be made in Finland.)

tl;dr: Had a required amount of money in my account back when applying, spent around ~1000 a month, 4 months after asked for an additional bank statement, denied permit due to not having enough money for the remaining months (which I do, but was stupid enough not to deposit it straight away, assuming that this money shouldn't necessarily be spent in equal monthly portions).

I'm honestly lost on how to word an appeal, so any advice would be appreciated. If I have enough money in my bank now for the remaining half of a year, will they take this into consideration, or am I completely screwed? Also, is there any place where I can get legal advice regarding this?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Extended study permit denied because of insufficient fun

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:36 pm

lapis wrote: I'm honestly lost on how to word an appeal, so any advice would be appreciated. If I have enough money in my bank now for the remaining half of a year, will they take this into consideration, or am I completely screwed? Also, is there any place where I can get legal advice regarding this?
They can take the additional funds into account. Legal advice you can get from lawyers.

https://www.asianajajaliitto.fi/en/lega ... d_a_lawyer