Stupid Gigantti Outlet - Horrible purchase experience

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
pixielott

Post by pixielott » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:36 pm

On Sun 23.7.2017, I ordered a phone from Gigantti outlet. There were 2 buttons to choose from: Varaa or Tee tarjous. I did chose the Varaa (which I understand as reserve the item). After reserving the item, it was notified that Gigantti will contact me within 1-2 days. However, I haven't received any replies at all. I did contact Gigantti many times though Chat-palvelu and phone calls to customer service (>2 times for Chat-palvelu and >2 times for calling)

Monday (24.7.2017): There was no asnwers from Gigantti oulet. I did Chat-palvelu. The very first person from Chat-palvelu said that he saw my information and Gigantti will be in contact with me soon. If I didn't receive any contacts before 16.00 at the same day, just call directly to the store which offers that phone. I did call to that store and the only answer I received that: she cannot find out my order. It takes 1-2 days to be contacted.

Tuesday (25.7.2017): There was no asnwers from Gigantti oulet again. I did call directly to the store again and I received the same answers as yesterday. It was weird! Thus, I did Chat-palvelu and this was what I received finally:
Me: Hello, my name is..
Service: Hi, outlet you say?
Me: Gigantti Suomenoja
Service: If you made an offer on a product on our outlet-page, the store will be in touch in 3 weekdays if they accept your offer.
Me: I didn't tee tarjous, I made varaa. When I fill my information, it is said that I will be in contact within 1-2 day. However, I received nothing. When I called to the advised number, the only answer I got that they didn't see my order. I have to wait more
Service: Then please make a new reservation.
Me: The item was removed from the system
Service: okay well that explains it, it was sold already.
Yes I can see here that someone made a reservation on 21.7.
So no need to wait any longer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was so angry because the item was reserved by someone else on 21.7 but it was still on the webpage to until Sunday 23.7.2017 (21-22 - as I check). The Gigantti didn't actively respond anything about the status of my order to until when I found out everything after many Chat-palvelu conversations and phone calls. I did contact their customer service and here was the final:

Customer Service Respond (CSR) A (26.7.2017)
Thank you for contacting us. I called you earlier, but it was not quite the right time to talk. Sorry about that.
I was going to ask you about the price for this product, that you were gonna buy. If you want, we can look for you if there is another same kind of phone with the same price, at the outlet store.
We can also give you 20€ virtual gift card, for misunderstandings and for our mistakes. Virtual gift card is available for the next three years, at our every Gigantti market, what we got in Finland. You will recive this gift card via txt message and with an E-mail.
What will you say about this? You can answer byt answering this E-mail.
I am really sorry about the situation.

-> This was a satisfying solution for me. So I did ask him to send me the gift-card and check if there is another same kind of phone with the same price, at the outlet store. However, I haven't received any replies back from them about the phone. When I contact them again whether there is the same kind a phone with the same price for me or not, this is the final thing I got (Yes! 5 days after the date of Varaa the phone)

Customer Service Respond (CSR) A (28.7.2017):
Hi,
at the moment there is not available. The outlet requests go to the store selling the product. They handle the contacts from Mon-Fri and the amount of contacts differes. Usually the wait is from 1-3 business days. Offers that are not exepted, are not answered.
So the outlet is no fast way to buy, but cheaper than regular order.
We kindly ask that You follow the site and contact the store via web page when there is something suitable in offer. That is the only way to buy outlet products besides from the store of course.

As the final, as a blessing, they gave me 20e gift-card for all hassles.

False hope turns into disappointment ...

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

wolf80

Re: Stupid Gigantti Outlet - Horrible purchase experience

Post by wolf80 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:48 pm

So in short, you tried to buy something from a website but didn't get it? If that already upsets you so much I hope nothing worse happens in your life....

The website said they would contact you in 1-2 days, but you started to contact them immediately, not even waiting? Maybe you pissed someone off and they deleted your order...

pixielott

Post by pixielott » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:51 pm

wolf80 wrote:So in short, you tried to buy something from a website but didn't get it? If that already upsets you so much I hope nothing worse happens in your life....

The website said they would contact you in 1-2 days, but you started to contact them immediately, not even waiting? Maybe you pissed someone off and they deleted your order...
1. No. I don't think someone can get upset easily just after purchase fail, me either
2. I reserve the item on Sunday morning. Then, I chatted through Chat-palvelu on Monday afternoon. I was asked to contact the store directly before 16 if I did not get any news. I don't think that is a fault for early contact to check the status of my order. I don't even think that they got angry for that reason to delete my order as well.
3. I want to share my story because it may be value to someone really spend their time on buying stuff from that outlet (if my case is not a special one. Yes! I don't know my case is special or it is common when buying stuffs in there). From what I understand from their explanation, varaa and tee tarjous are almost the same thing in their Outlet. The only difference that tee tarjous just means that you can offer a different price for a product. So even in case you accept their proposed price and reserve the product (varaa), it is sure that you will get it. You are still put on a queue and you will only contacted if you get the product.

No comment anymore. Just it is time to go with other stores.

sky2

Post by sky2 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:20 am

They're not very quick to remove the sold products from the Gigantti outlet website, so often the products you see there are already sold. Any offer or reservation there is not a binding, you will get the product if its available.