Entering Finland on the last day of Residence Permit

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Quyen Duong

Post by Quyen Duong » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:45 pm

Hello,

I have a RP to study in Finland and it will expire on September 1st, 2017.

But currently I'm going on a vacation and will be back on exactly September 1st due to my flight time changing (I just got informed).

I have already submit an application to extend my RP in April but when I tried to prove my identity, the officer told me that it was too early to do that and I should visit again after I come back to Finland. However I'm not sure if it's okay for me to enter the country right on my last day, considering that I have already applied for the extension ?

Booking an earlier flight would extremely be costly now that it's only 1 month away, and my other choice would be to apply for a single-use visa to enter Finland and take care of the extension for my RP, is that possible ?

Thank you for all your help.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: Entering Finland on the last day of Residence Permit

Post by Upphew » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:09 am

Quyen Duong wrote:Hello,

I have a RP to study in Finland and it will expire on September 1st, 2017.

But currently I'm going on a vacation and will be back on exactly September 1st due to my flight time changing (I just got informed).

I have already submit an application to extend my RP in April but when I tried to prove my identity, the officer told me that it was too early to do that and I should visit again after I come back to Finland. However I'm not sure if it's okay for me to enter the country right on my last day, considering that I have already applied for the extension ?

Booking an earlier flight would extremely be costly now that it's only 1 month away, and my other choice would be to apply for a single-use visa to enter Finland and take care of the extension for my RP, is that possible ?

Thank you for all your help.
You have valid RP, no need for single-use visa. Also if the RP is valid then you can enter Finland with it, but you must apply for extension while the permit is valid. After that it isn't extension.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Quyen Duong

Re: Entering Finland on the last day of Residence Permit

Post by Quyen Duong » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:58 am

Hello, thank you for your reply.

I have already applied for an extension 4 months ago, but the officer told me it was too early to prove my identity, so I haven't had a decision on that until I visit again after I return. However as I said, my flight ticket got delayed and I will arrive in Finland on the last valid day written on my current Residence Permit, I'm just wondering if that may cause some problems at the border.

Thanks again.