Norwegian

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
harryc

Norwegian

Post by harryc » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:07 pm

I have had something to do with Norwegian 2x

1. Looked at their credit card and started form - then saw interest was over 20% - and stopped.

2. Reserved one trip via Airlines

Nevertheless, all my internet pages are ABSOUTELY FLOODED with Norwegian Bank ads - rarely see any oher ads! Constant sea of red!

Norwegian

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Y77

Re: Norwegian

Post by Y77 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:17 am

harryc wrote:I have had something to do with Norwegian 2x

1. Looked at their credit card and started form - then saw interest was over 20% - and stopped.

2. Reserved one trip via Airlines

Nevertheless, all my internet pages are ABSOUTELY FLOODED with Norwegian Bank ads - rarely see any oher ads! Constant sea of red!
The Norwegian CC is a fantastic product, I've had it for a while and never paid a cent in interest, but you have to pay the bill in full each month, that's the secret.
Not only that but I've probably saved hundreds of euros with them thanks to the free travel insurance that comes with it.

This bank is one of the few that gives the CC also to people without a regular income. However it's true that they are quite intrusive with their ads. On the whole warmly recommended. Also their deposit account is the best in Finland, with 1,75% interest on deposit.

harryc

Post by harryc » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:14 pm

harryc

Post by harryc » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:21 pm

Anyone have an email address for Norwegian Bank?

sky2

Post by sky2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:04 pm

harryc wrote:Anyone have an email address for Norwegian Bank?
https://www.banknorwegian.fi/Asiakaspal ... eytt%C3%A4

Pankin aukioloajat ovat arkipäivisin klo. 11:00 - 17:00. Puhelinpalvelumme on auki arkipäivisin klo 11:00 - 17:00, paitsi alla olevat päivät. Meidän puhelinnumero on 07532 66 200
(Ulkomailta: +358 7532 66 200). Voit myös olla meihin yhteydessä sähköpostilla [email protected], vastaamme kysymyksiisi mahdollisimman pian.

Piet

Post by Piet » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:35 pm

harryc wrote: Nevertheless, all my internet pages are ABSOUTELY FLOODED with Norwegian Bank ads - rarely see any oher ads! Constant sea of red!
Use the following plug ins in your Firefox browser (if you use another browser....don't :lol: )

Addblockplus
Ghostery
uBlock Origin
Disconnect

And don't forget NoScript

After you installed all these plugins, most websites do not work any more like they should, so you have to teach your browser and your plugins which scripts to accept and which not, Also uBlock might be a bit intrusive sometimes

But at least use Addblockplus, that will save you a lot of time in loading pages and no more advertisements (at least a lot less).
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:57 am

Piet wrote:
harryc wrote: Nevertheless, all my internet pages are ABSOUTELY FLOODED with Norwegian Bank ads - rarely see any oher ads! Constant sea of red!
Use the following plug ins in your Firefox browser (if you use another browser....don't :lol: )

Addblockplus
Ghostery
uBlock Origin
Disconnect

And don't forget NoScript

After you installed all these plugins, most websites do not work any more like they should, so you have to teach your browser and your plugins which scripts to accept and which not, Also uBlock might be a bit intrusive sometimes

But at least use Addblockplus, that will save you a lot of time in loading pages and no more advertisements (at least a lot less).
Word! I used my work laptop's virgin IE to check my order's status. After that I got a _lot_ of ads from the company. So if you don't like penis enlargement ads, don't visit such sites.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

harryc

Post by harryc » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:02 pm

The flood of Norwegian ads continue.

But I did sign up with the idea to pay the balance and avoid the 22% interest. S-Pankki went back on their 'free' promise and take tilihoito even if you pay the bill off completely.

But just noticed one nasty N-card 'feature' - if you use it for non-Euro purchases they use an inflated Visa currency rate AND ALSO add 1.75%! So you can be sure I won't use for non-Euro purchases (S-Pankki does the same thing, btw).

I haven't noticed the currency rate fin(n)agle with Master Card.

Y77

Post by Y77 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:05 pm

harryc wrote:The flood of Norwegian ads continue.

But I did sign up with the idea to pay the balance and avoid the 22% interest. S-Pankki went back on their 'free' promise and take tilihoito even if you pay the bill off completely.

But just noticed one nasty N-card 'feature' - if you use it for non-Euro purchases they use an inflated Visa currency rate AND ALSO add 1.75%! So you can be sure I won't use for non-Euro purchases (S-Pankki does the same thing, btw).

I haven't noticed the currency rate fin(n)agle with Master Card.
most cards charge you valuuttamuutos when paying outside the eurozone, 1,75% is quite good, s-pankki charges you much more, I remember when I got the equivalent of 300eu in Croatia, spankme charged me 10eu, just to take money out of the flipping ATM, and then applied the inflated exchange rate that suit them.

I'll never use their card again abroad, Norwegian is much much better. Think about it, on 2ooeuros 1,75% is less than 2 euros and get payment protection in case of fraud, free travel insurance and the card is a posh elegant red, much more classy that the green spannkki

harryc

Post by harryc » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:13 pm

Sorry - I was NOT talking about ATM machines re foreign currency.

I was referring to non-Euro on-line purchases and hotel and restaurant bills when not in an Euro country.

VISA uses their own 'sel-'baked' conversion rate and then the bank rips you for another 1.75%.

My Master Card from Stockmann is pulling neither of those tricks - they use real bank rates for conversion and do not charge anything extra (eg the 1.75%)

Y77

Post by Y77 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:23 am

harryc wrote:Sorry - I was NOT talking about ATM machines re foreign currency.

I was referring to non-Euro on-line purchases and hotel and restaurant bills when not in an Euro country.

VISA uses their own 'sel-'baked' conversion rate and then the bank rips you for another 1.75%.

My Master Card from Stockmann is pulling neither of those tricks - they use real bank rates for conversion and do not charge anything extra (eg the 1.75%)
So it looks like the problem is created by Visa and not by Norwegian after all.

Anyway you will have probably noticed by now that owning a Norwegian CC is not actually compulsory, so if you are not happy with this product, which by the way, is one of the best things introduced to Finland since sliced bread, don't apply for it. Easy, innit? Stick to the Stocky card, until they close down that well together with the remaining branches.

harryc

Post by harryc » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:02 am

As far as I know all financial actions in Finland are voluntary except for Vero. :)

So sign up for whatever card you like - and you can have more than 1!

Norwegian seems to be fine when you want to use a card instead of cash - and want lists of expenditures every month - rather than jotting down cash payments. But it is CERTAINLY not the one to use for CREDIT or TRAVEL or Non-Euro ON-LINE.

For those OP is good for credit (also doubles as K-Plussa card) - and Master good for non-Euro.

++

And btw - Visa has the phony currency rates - but the 1.75% is Norwegian's OWN decision. Compass also has Master cards with same conditions of Norwegian - and they use Master so you don't get ripped-off on travel and on-line.

Suitengu

Post by Suitengu » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:18 pm

harryc wrote: Norwegian seems to be fine when you want to use a card instead of cash - and want lists of expenditures every month - rather than jotting down cash payments. But it is CERTAINLY not the one to use for CREDIT or TRAVEL or Non-Euro ON-LINE.
Norwegian Visa offers travel insurance on all trips purchased with the card. I've been using it to pay for all my trips.

Y77

Post by Y77 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Suitengu wrote:
harryc wrote: Norwegian seems to be fine when you want to use a card instead of cash - and want lists of expenditures every month - rather than jotting down cash payments. But it is CERTAINLY not the one to use for CREDIT or TRAVEL or Non-Euro ON-LINE.
Norwegian Visa offers travel insurance on all trips purchased with the card. I've been using it to pay for all my trips.
exactly, the free insurance is probably the best feature of this card, together with no proof of income, think about all those people that spend lots of money on a pikavippi loan when they could get up to 8k in credit with no interests for up to 45 days.

Just to make harryc happy, since he wants at all costs find something wrong with this card, let's say I would like to get a sms text msg every time that I use it,to make sure no frodes takes place, but this service is not available although it would be first of all in the credit card providers own interest, but being a credit card, I can dispute fraudolent transactions before I pay