Iso Omena Library

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
biscayne

Iso Omena Library

Post by biscayne » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:23 am

I need to do a bit of printing and actually don't have my own one here. I checked the Iso Omena Library page and they do say they have laser engraving services as well as 3D printing services, but does anyone know if they have a situation whereby I could go there on a more or less daily basis, sit at a computer do what I need to do, and print?

I know I can just go there and ask, and I will, but I am one of those people who kind of likes to know the "system" a bit if possible, if anyone knows it would be great. Basically I want to use it like you'd use a University Library. I just don't feel like going up the one in Tampere on a daily basis anymore!

Thanks

Iso Omena Library

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Jukka Aho

Re: Iso Omena Library

Post by Jukka Aho » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:53 pm

biscayne wrote:I need to do a bit of printing and actually don't have my own one here. I checked the Iso Omena Library page and they do say they have laser engraving services as well as 3D printing services, but does anyone know if they have a situation whereby I could go there on a more or less daily basis, sit at a computer do what I need to do, and print?
It is not completely clear to me whether you’re asking about 3D printing or regular printing on paper, but if regular printing on paper, that service is free of charge in Espoo (according to Iso Omena’s web pages, under the heading “Copies and prints”):

http://www.helmet.fi/Preview/en-US/Info ... 2837613%29

Of course, there must be some upper practical limit to that offer — I’d imagine they’d tell you to cough up some money if you started going through reams and reams of paper and if they needed to refill the paper trays each time you visit — but since they do not explicitly define that limit, it is probably set high enough to be of no concern for any sensible use case.
znark