where can I find a electrician in Espoo?

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
ceo

Post by ceo » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Hello,

I get a problem for my living room. The fuse has always broken.

Is there any electrician i can find near Sello shopping mall?

Thank you.

My phone is 0505668834.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Piet

Re: where can I find a electrician in Espoo?

Post by Piet » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:49 pm

ceo wrote:Hello,

I get a problem for my living room. The fuse has always broken.

Is there any electrician i can find near Sello shopping mall?

Thank you.

My phone is 0505668834.
first advise: never put your phone number on a forum, use private messaging instead to disclose your phone number.

The other advise: I can help you, but not for free, I charge 20€ an hour with a minimum of 1 hour.
You can send me a personal message (PM) if you are interested in my services, check the other topic in this forum here about the fault I solved for Pavi last week

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=95461
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

ceo

Post by ceo » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:35 am

It was very great, which I get help from Piet. He is very nice guy, with good skill.

Thank you very much for your help, I get my power back in my living room.

Piet

Post by Piet » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:43 pm

ceo wrote:It was very great, which I get help from Piet. He is very nice guy, with good skill.

Thank you very much for your help, I get my power back in my living room.
You're most welcome CEO!

Some information for others (more of a safety warning):

I found out at CEO's place that the wiring was quite old (old colour codes and also mixed up, so wrong colours used for wrong wires) so anyone that goes DIY with this stuff, please beware: Finnish houses are a disaster regarding electricity, you got to double check everything.

I replaced two switches because the old ones were faulty or at least had severe blackness around the openings of the switch (caused by both dust and sparks). It is wise to take (now and then) the plastic knob away from the switch (carefully so it does not break) and put the vacuum cleaner on it, suck out all the dust.

The other thing that seems to cause a lot of problems in houses in general regarding the ceiling lights, is the accumulation of dust over time. Combine this with old fashioned light bulbs that tend to get very hot (especially halogen) and one has a potential fire hazard on his hands as well, so same as with the switch, take the dust away now and then, and don't forget to take out the light bulbs and vacuum the socket as well (take the fuse out first!!)

In CEO's case there was a problem caused by (most likely) dust and heat which made a conductive bridge form between the contacts of the light bulb socket, therefore causing a moderate short circuit, which on its turn caused the current through the fuse in the fusebox to rise high enough to blow.
Besides it being a fire hazard, it made probably the electricity bill higher as well.

Also remember that if spots are supposed to be used with reflector light bulbs, do not use standard shaped classic light bulbs, too much heat will be directed to the back in the direction of the socket and the socket will partially melt / burn and causing shorts and or fire.

Point of interest: the spots were 3 non earthed stainless steel spots on a stainless steel dish, from IKEA (very old model) which I have had now several times fail. (with different people), so beware if you have something similar.

I guess that was my teaching post for today :lol:

Piet

Post by Piet » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:45 pm

It seems that someone was interested in my services (as an electrician?), but instead of leaving a message here on the board, that person called CEO the OP of this thread for my phone number. I have agreed with CEO that he will of course not give my phone number to anyone who calls him and that is how it is supposed to be. :wink:

This is of course not the proper way to contact me :thumbsdown: , if you need my services, I will be happy to help you but please contact me by PM on this forum first, to discuss details and f.e. the location. 8)

simpleuser

Post by simpleuser » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi Piet! I would need some help as well, please send me a PM.

Piet

Post by Piet » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:36 pm

simpleuser wrote:Hi Piet! I would need some help as well, please send me a PM.
I send you a PM, check your inbox (in-> user control panel -> privatemessages -> inbox) :wink:

simpleuser

Post by simpleuser » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:23 pm

For some reason there is no option to answer your PM.
I have registered long time ago, but apparently I can't use PM feature since I haven't posted before.

I'm looking for someone to cooperate with for small electrician jobs, like connecting lights or installing appliances.
If you are interested, please send me your contact information.

Piet

Post by Piet » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:22 pm

simpleuser wrote:For some reason there is no option to answer your PM.
I have registered long time ago, but apparently I can't use PM feature since I haven't posted before.

I'm looking for someone to cooperate with for small electrician jobs, like connecting lights or installing appliances.
If you are interested, please send me your contact information.
I sent you an Email, please reply to that. 8)