Extending permanent residence card while not in Finland

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
solidrepellent

Post by solidrepellent » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:51 am

Hello all,

My permanent resident card expires at the end of this year (December 2017). I am currently working in Norway and my current work contract expires in February 2018. My wife and kids live in Finland. It will be 2 years living outside of Finland in September 2018. That means, I am not outside of Finland for 2 years yet. While leaving to Norway, I told Kela that it will be a temporary move and I will come back in the form. Now, I would like to extend my residence permit card before it expires.

Can I just make an application to extend it? Or should I be legally resident of Finland at the time of application? These things are unclear to me. Can somebody please throw some light on that.

Thank you very much for your time.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

solidrepellent

Re: Extending permanent residence card while not in Finland

Post by solidrepellent » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:03 pm

Can anybody let me know their thoughts on my issue. I need to come to Finland and make my application. Thank you very much for your time.

betelgeuse

Re: Extending permanent residence card while not in Finland

Post by betelgeuse » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:45 pm

solidrepellent wrote: Can I just make an application to extend it? Or should I be legally resident of Finland at the time of application? These things are unclear to me. Can somebody please throw some light on that.
Until your permanent residence has been cancelled you can extend the card without being a resident. It's possible they will look at whether grounds to cancel exists when renewing the card.