new Dlink router with SIM card, no internet

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
pavi
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:57 pm

new Dlink router with SIM card, no internet

Post by pavi » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Bought a Dlink DWR-921 router with SIM slot. Tried to configure after inserting SIM, setup is complete and wifi is visible but there is no internet connection. Checked from homepage of admin console it states not connected. I have Telia 4g data plan. For setting up, i filled the APN = internet, PIN filled and dial = *99#. Normally its straight forward and must work. When i put the SIM back to Huawei mokkula, it works!

I tried googling no help so far. Anyone has experience with such issues?



new Dlink router with SIM card, no internet

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

Upphew
Posts: 9912
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: new Dlink router with SIM card, no internet

Post by Upphew » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:13 am

pavi wrote:Bought a Dlink DWR-921 router with SIM slot. Tried to configure after inserting SIM, setup is complete and wifi is visible but there is no internet connection. Checked from homepage of admin console it states not connected. I have Telia 4g data plan. For setting up, i filled the APN = internet, PIN filled and dial = *99#. Normally its straight forward and must work. When i put the SIM back to Huawei mokkula, it works!

I tried googling no help so far. Anyone has experience with such issues?
What did D-Link say? You did open support request with them? Just follow the link from verkkokauppa.com's product page and make them do their job.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


pavi
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Re: new Dlink router with SIM card, no internet

Post by pavi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:08 pm

I could not find any customer service number for D-Link, so i called Telia. They could not help much pointing fingers at faulty device. I am going to test with my phone SIM and try again before I conclude that its a faulty device.


Upphew
Posts: 9912
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: new Dlink router with SIM card, no internet

Post by Upphew » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:10 pm

pavi wrote:I could not find any customer service number for D-Link, so i called Telia. They could not help much pointing fingers at faulty device. I am going to test with my phone SIM and try again before I conclude that its a faulty device.
D-link has a number, 0600-15557, 10:00-19:00 during weekdays, 4,02€/call. Under that info is the link to the support request form... all that info just from verkkokauppa.com's product page.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


User avatar
Piet
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:45 pm
Location: Finland

Re: new Dlink router with SIM card, no internet

Post by Piet » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:35 pm

http://www.dlink.com/se/sv/-/media/cons ... _02_ww.pdf

go to page 20 and 21

configure as followed:
switch router off
insert sim
switch router on
access web interface
choose: internet connection setup wizard.
do all the obvious like time zone and password

Step 3: Configure your internet connection
Select 3G/4G connection here (skip all the others)
click: next

You should be asked now to fill in all following fields: (if it doesn't, go to the manual configuration and fill in all fields, then save and reboot and try again the wizard and then click connect after step 3, router will reboot again and try to connect)

Prefer Service Type: auto or 4G-only
Dial Up Profile: manual
Account/Profile Name: telia
Country: Finland
Telecom: Telia (if available, otherwise leave blank)
Username: "leave blank"
Password:: "leave blank"
Dialed Number: *99#
Authentication: Auto
APN: internet (all small letters)
Pin Code: "leave blank" (disable pin request of the sim card in your phone before putting it into the modem).
Reconnect Mode: Auto
Maximum Idle Time: 0
Primary DNS Server: 193.210.18.31 (I think)
Secondary DNS Server: 195.156.148.158 (I think)
Keep Alive: disable
Bridge Ethernet Ports: enable (now the WAN port is also a LAN port)
Roaming: enable (for some reason it sometimes will not connect when disabled).
DNS Check: enable
NAT Disable: disable (if you want to use the router as a connection between your devices like NAS to Laptop etc.)


Save settings



click connect, the router will reboot and should connect.

Good luck
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world
Image


pavi
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:57 pm

Re: new Dlink router with SIM card, no internet

Post by pavi » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:50 pm

Thanks Piet for googling for me :) you are a help always.
I had done all this but for some reason internet kept breaking. I decided to return d-link router and got myself a tp-link. Difference was day and night with the admin console and things were more, lets say polished looking. Easy setup and voila it works like a charm :thumbsup: .

No more dlink for me :ochesey:


User avatar
Piet
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:45 pm
Location: Finland

Re: new Dlink router with SIM card, no internet

Post by Piet » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:40 pm

pavi wrote:Thanks Piet for googling for me :) you are a help always.
I had done all this but for some reason internet kept breaking. I decided to return d-link router and got myself a tp-link. Difference was day and night with the admin console and things were more, lets say polished looking. Easy setup and voila it works like a charm :thumbsup: .

No more dlink for me :ochesey:
8)
No problem, I was in the middle of searching for extra wifi coverage in my home so this was just more of the same :lol:


And certainly no Dlink for me 8) :lol:
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world
Image


Post Reply