Question about driving license

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
mekel17

Post by mekel17 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi, I am a foreigner living in Oulu. I took the driving test but I failed and the payment for driving school is very expensive. I believe that I have the skill to pass but my problem is I get too nervous during the test. I think I need to practice more behind the wheels but unfortunately, it will cost me 65euro/hr. Is it possible to drive a car here in Finland if I have a passenger who has a driving license? I just want to practice more behind the wheels to be more comfortable.

Thank you for those who will answer.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Question about driving license

Post by betelgeuse » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:47 pm

mekel17 wrote:Hi, I am a foreigner living in Oulu. I took the driving test but I failed and the payment for driving school is very expensive. I believe that I have the skill to pass but my problem is I get too nervous during the test. I think I need to practice more behind the wheels but unfortunately, it will cost me 65euro/hr. Is it possible to drive a car here in Finland if I have a passenger who has a driving license? I just want to practice more behind the wheels to be more comfortable.
Without a license you can practise on private property that is blocked off from public roads.

rob360

Post by rob360 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:29 pm

tkt234 wrote:
That is very expensive. Come to Estonia and make the driving test here and practice doesn't cost too much 1 hour also.
I would never pay 65 euros/hour for practice. That is almost insane.
How can you make a driving license in Estonia when you are not a resident in Estonia ?

Post by 007 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:25 pm

mekel17 wrote:Is it possible to drive a car here in Finland if I have a passenger who has a driving license?
Actually, that person must have a teaching license and of course there should be a car that has a brake on the passenger side.

Or, you drive on a field/forest away from public roads. It's the only place where you don't need license. You can actually post on facebook group called "Työtä, palveluja tarjotaan/tarvitaan Pohjois-pohjanmaa" for help (if you use facebook). You might get someone willing to help you at a lesser price.
“Go where you are celebrated – not tolerated."
"Aina, kun opit uuden sanan, opettele samalla sen monikko!"

mekel17

Post by mekel17 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:52 pm

Thank you for all your reply. One more thing, is it possible to transfer driving school since I finished already the required driving hours? Is just that my driving school is always fully booked. It's like I need to book 2weeks in advance and if I failed again the driving test, then I need to wait for 2weeks again. 2 weeks of frustration. Thank you all

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:18 am

mekel17 wrote:Thank you for all your reply. One more thing, is it possible to transfer driving school since I finished already the required driving hours? Is just that my driving school is always fully booked. It's like I need to book 2weeks in advance and if I failed again the driving test, then I need to wait for 2weeks again. 2 weeks of frustration. Thank you all
Yes, you can use other school if you want.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.