Employer forcing to work less hour than shift list time

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
moonlightway

Post by moonlightway » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:06 pm

Hello,

I am working in a cleaning company for more than 7 years. I have 7 hours shift (per day) on on the shift list which is already posted. Nowadays when they are giving me work in the morning, they are saying that you have 3 or 4 hours less job today. That means I get only 3 or 4 hours per day. They are giving work (hours) to the people they like and they just want that some people just leave.

Now, I need to know that next time when they ask me to leave my work couple of hours early (despite there is 7 hours job in the shift list), can I tell them that I don't want to leave before my shift time ends? Does anyone know what is the Finnish labor law regarding this?

Thank you for your time and responses!

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

rinso

Re: Employer forcing to work less hour than shift list time

Post by rinso » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:24 am

moonlightway wrote:Hello,

I am working in a cleaning company for more than 7 years. I have 7 hours shift (per day) on on the shift list which is already posted. Nowadays when they are giving me work in the morning, they are saying that you have 3 or 4 hours less job today. That means I get only 3 or 4 hours per day. They are giving work (hours) to the people they like and they just want that some people just leave.

Now, I need to know that next time when they ask me to leave my work couple of hours early (despite there is 7 hours job in the shift list), can I tell them that I don't want to leave before my shift time ends? Does anyone know what is the Finnish labor law regarding this?

Thank you for your time and responses!
It depends on your job contract. What is promised by the contract, what is the status of the shift list compared to instructions of the workleader/planner, what is the minimum time to warn you in advance, and so on?
Talk to a union rep to see if your contract violates the agreement for the sector.

sparkleBlinking123

Re: Employer forcing to work less hour than shift list time

Post by sparkleBlinking123 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:35 am

I would suggest you contact PAM If you are in their union.