Computer Glasses

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Super2Man

Computer Glasses

Post by Super2Man » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:07 am

Hi everyone,

Probably quite lots of people are experiencing eyestrain, since we use computer, phone, and other digital divices very often everyday. So, my question is, does someone use computer glasses? Do you think it is useful to some extent? Where to buy it, in a cheaper price?

Thank you! :D :D

Computer Glasses

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: Computer Glasses

Post by Upphew » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Super2Man wrote:Hi everyone,

Probably quite lots of people are experiencing eyestrain, since we use computer, phone, and other digital divices very often everyday. So, my question is, does someone use computer glasses? Do you think it is useful to some extent? Where to buy it, in a cheaper price?

Nah. I sit on front of screen most of the time and I don't use special glasses. I do use proper glasses, I do take time off from screen (break every now and then), I use decent screens, proper font sizes, brightness and lightning.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

Piet

Post by Piet » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:23 pm

Upphew wrote:

Probably quite lots of people are experiencing eye-strain, since we use computer, phone, and other digital divices very often everyday. So, my question is, does someone use computer glasses? Do you think it is useful to some extent? Where to buy it, in a cheaper price?

Nah. I sit on front of screen most of the time and I don't use special glasses. I do use proper glasses, I do take time off from screen (break every now and then), I use decent screens, proper font sizes, brightness and lightning.
I use screen glasses, but it is not a special glasses or something, it is just a reading glasses with the ideal focus for reading / viewing objects on a distance of 50 - 75cm instead of 30 - 50cm. You have to find your own sweet spot (distance), measure the position you use your screen most and use that for determining the strength of the glasses.

It was a little difficult to explain what I wanted to the shop ladies that did the measuring and ordering the glasses but after one too strong glasses (real reading glasses) I got glasses a little less strong to compensate for the bigger distance and they were perfect, I do not always use them (irritating thing on my nose) but when I get tired it is really relaxing to use them.

In normal life, I do not need glasses, but when reading very small print is sometimes difficult to focus and get it sharp. This happens due to a minor problem with ageing of the lenses of my eyes, when one gets older, your eyesight gets slowly more far sighted so for things close you need to work harder with the muscles in your eyes to focus.

When using these weak "reading" glasses, it is much easier to focus on near objects and gives rest to your eyes while using the screen, resulting in less tired eyes / less headache, and a little magnification (handy when using the tablet).

cost... I believe a few years ago at "Nissen" 79€ for the most simple models glasses. Eye measurements 20€, I would advise to shop around for this, sometimes the measurements are free when you buy the glasses at the same store. (probably more expensive glasses :lol: )
If god would give us the source code, we could change the world

Super2Man

Post by Super2Man » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:10 pm

Piet wrote:
Upphew wrote:

Probably quite lots of people are experiencing eye-strain, since we use computer, phone, and other digital divices very often everyday. So, my question is, does someone use computer glasses? Do you think it is useful to some extent? Where to buy it, in a cheaper price?

I use screen glasses, but it is not a special glasses or something, it is just a reading glasses with the ideal focus for reading / viewing objects on a distance of 50 - 75cm instead of 30 - 50cm. You have to find your own sweet spot (distance), measure the position you use your screen most and use that for determining the strength of the glasses.

It was a little difficult to explain what I wanted to the shop ladies that did the measuring and ordering the glasses but after one too strong glasses (real reading glasses) I got glasses a little less strong to compensate for the bigger distance and they were perfect, I do not always use them (irritating thing on my nose) but when I get tired it is really relaxing to use them.

In normal life, I do not need glasses, but when reading very small print is sometimes difficult to focus and get it sharp. This happens due to a minor problem with ageing of the lenses of my eyes, when one gets older, your eyesight gets slowly more far sighted so for things close you need to work harder with the muscles in your eyes to focus.

When using these weak "reading" glasses, it is much easier to focus on near objects and gives rest to your eyes while using the screen, resulting in less tired eyes / less headache, and a little magnification (handy when using the tablet).

cost... I believe a few years ago at "Nissen" 79€ for the most simple models glasses. Eye measurements 20€, I would advise to shop around for this, sometimes the measurements are free when you buy the glasses at the same store. (probably more expensive glasses :lol: )
Hi Piet, thank you very much for your reply and suggestion! I will go and ask the people in the shop. I guess I am so used to watch computer in a very short distance because of the shortsightedness and bad habit ;). Perhaps the glasses you mentioned could correct that!

Super2Man

Post by Super2Man » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:21 pm

Upphew wrote:

HAH, sure those are helpful ;), I am just so easy to "cuddle" the screen and forget to rest eyes, sometimes even forget to take a big blinking :roll: :roll: