questions regarding paternity in finland

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
Sol73
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:56 am

questions regarding paternity in finland

Post by Sol73 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:11 am

Hello ,

I have some questions regarding paternity in finland.ok I moved to finland 4years a goad a student and I had a huge mental break down from last year and I was with a women who happens to be a foreigner also and it’s been almost more than 5 month since I stopped to see her and I find out that she is prignant but I am not sure from whom but she claimed it’s mine.the thing is it was not my intention to have a baby and I am far behind taking responsibility as a father.my Question is how is the law goes for a father who don’t want to take a responsibility because it happens while I was mentally ill and I don’t want to father a child.will thier be any forced patternity test by court?will their be forced custodian imposition?

Thanks in advance .



questions regarding paternity in finland

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

heretostay
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Re: questions regarding paternity in finland

Post by heretostay » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:47 am

Yes, you can be forced to take responsibility for the child, if you are the father. Taking responsibility for the consequences of your actions is a normal part of adult life.

https://www.hel.fi/helsinki/en/administ ... on?id=3047

“If the man is not willing to voluntarily acknowledge the child, the Child Welfare Officer can, upon the mother's request, take legal actions, in order to confirm the paternity in a court of justice.”


User avatar
rinso
Posts: 3689
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:22 pm

Re: questions regarding paternity in finland

Post by rinso » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:55 am

Sol73 wrote:Hello ,

I have some questions regarding paternity in finland.ok I moved to finland 4years a goad a student and I had a huge mental break down from last year and I was with a women who happens to be a foreigner also and it’s been almost more than 5 month since I stopped to see her and I find out that she is prignant but I am not sure from whom but she claimed it’s mine.the thing is it was not my intention to have a baby and I am far behind taking responsibility as a father.my Question is how is the law goes for a father who don’t want to take a responsibility because it happens while I was mentally ill and I don’t want to father a child.will thier be any forced patternity test by court?will their be forced custodian imposition?

Thanks in advance .
Well you're in for a rough ride. Your mental state is no excuse. If you're the father, you're the father with all responsibilities and obligations (child care payments).
The mother can ask for a fatherhood test. But I don't know what will happen if you refuse.
Most of the time it is the other way around. The potential father wants a test to make sure he isn't paying for someones else baby.


Upphew
Posts: 9963
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Lappeenranta

Re: questions regarding paternity in finland

Post by Upphew » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:22 pm

rinso wrote:The mother can ask for a fatherhood test. But I don't know what will happen if you refuse.
Court imposes a penalty payment until the test is done: http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/2005/20050378
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.


User avatar
Oombongo
Posts: 1906
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 11:19 am
Location: local sewer pipe

Re: questions regarding paternity in finland

Post by Oombongo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:23 pm

nothing you can do much. Short and long version, you are screwed. Always use a condom or go for vasectomy
Image Image


onlyforgame
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:11 pm

Re: questions regarding paternity in finland

Post by onlyforgame » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:22 pm

If both of you are not covered by Kela, it's gonna be really expensive to raise a child here.

What's her intention? Does she want to keep the child?


Sol73
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:56 am

Re: questions regarding paternity in finland

Post by Sol73 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:27 pm

Hello,
She has a permanent resident permit and she came here as a refuge.the thing isn’t am a student and I don’t get any money from kela


User avatar
rinso
Posts: 3689
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:22 pm

Re: questions regarding paternity in finland

Post by rinso » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:17 am

Sol73 wrote:Hello,
She has a permanent resident permit and she came here as a refuge.the thing isn’t am a student and I don’t get any money from kela
If you cannot pay Kela will take care of the child maintenance payments.
But it also means that you cannot decide about your own finances. The judge will decide how much money you can keep before you have to start paying.


Post Reply