Living expense in Espoo and Helsinki

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
doktor_pickles

Post by doktor_pickles » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi guys,

I'm a new PhD candidate in Aalto University. What is the usual living expense (except rental) in Helsinki and Espoo?

I'm looking for apartment, would it be possible for me to afford 800~900 euro studio for rental with a net salary around 2000 ?

Thanks,

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

wolf80

Re: Living expense in Espoo and Helsinki

Post by wolf80 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:31 pm

There are already so many posts here with more or less the same topic...

In short, yes, you will be able to find such a flat, you can afford it, and you will be able to survive with 2000 euro net.

Querfeldein

Post by Querfeldein » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:36 pm

Yes, you should.

Also, Länsimetro (the western metro extension) just opened, so if you're based on the Otaniemi campus where one of the new metro stations is located, your options for living within an easy commute have considerably increased (including some slightly cheaper areas, as western Helsinki / Eastern Espoo tends to be among the most expensive).

doktor_pickles

Post by doktor_pickles » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:04 am

wolf80 wrote:There are already so many posts here with more or less the same topic...

In short, yes, you will be able to find such a flat, you can afford it, and you will be able to survive with 2000 euro net.

Sorry about this. I'm new to this forum, and next time I may better try search before posting something.