Housing loan -bank to which salary come should be in Finland

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
solidrepellent

Post by solidrepellent » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Hello all,

I am a permanent resident of Finland. My family lives in Finland. I work and live in Sweden. I asked Danske bank for a housing loan to buy a house in Finland. They are OK with how much I earn and everything. But, they are saying that the salary needs to come to a Finnish bank account. I am not sure if the Swedish company would be able to make a transfer of my salary to a Finnish bank account for tax and other reasons I guess. Danske bank also says that this is a common rule among the Finnish banks and I may not get a housing loan as long as the salary does not come to a Finnish bank account. Is there any other bank I can approach? Any suggestions on what I could try?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Rick1

Re: Housing loan -bank to which salary come should be in Fin

Post by Rick1 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:10 pm

You skipped one point; asking your employer. I think they do not mind to send your NETTO salary to a Finnish bank. I understand the bank wants to see the income of witch you have to pay your loan from, You might check the smartest way of SEK/Euro exchange costs.

ChaseGozon

Post by ChaseGozon » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:32 pm

following this thread

solidrepellent

Post by solidrepellent » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:49 pm

My employer refused to deposit my salary to my Finnish bank account due to tax regulations it seems. It looks like a lost case to me. Anybody else is also facing or faced this problem? How did you resolve it? Any other Finnish banks that I can approach?

Rick1

Post by Rick1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:48 pm

Employer cannot deny your netto salary to be paid to any bankaccount you prefer, especially with EU-regulations.
It is your money after all taxes etc, have been paid. You could ask bank if you could transfer yourself the salary amount to the Finnish bank account on the same day and even scan the salary paper to them if they want to be difficult. Do not understand why change of bankaccount is so difficult for employer, they can pay in SEK and bank transfers it into Euro.

solidrepellent

Post by solidrepellent » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:25 pm

Thanks rick1 for the post. Do you have a document or link to the EU document/regulations which I can show to my employer which states that the netto salary can be deposited in any bank account within EU?

Rick1

Post by Rick1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:50 pm

Hi, I do not have an official link but I tried to say that nowadays so many people work in another country then where there live permantly and I have seen that if you have IBAN and swift, it does not mather for employer. Sweden might be a different case because they are not in the euro. You could say to the bank that you get your salary in SEK and if they want to open a SEK account for you, this might solve employers problem.