Hospital charges list

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
kelly_kpr

Hospital charges list

Post by kelly_kpr » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi
where should we get the list of hospital charges for the specially Non-EU patient in public hospital?
The insurance company was crappy and one of my Friend got a huge bill so we know we were charged accordingly to list.
Here is for Finnish resident http://www.hus.fi/en/patients/patient-f ... -fees.aspx

Hospital charges list

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

martimasters

Re: Hospital charges list

Post by martimasters » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:41 pm

Is the non-EU patient a visitor with travel insurance? Travel insurance will pay all the expensses that the primary insurance does not. Also bear in mind that insurance companies usually don't pay the whole amount they are supposed to. So, the patient should write them a very short letter, "You are required to pay my hospital bill. This must be a mistake". Send it to the insurance company with the a copy of the invoice. There was a study done and big insurance companies know that most people won't complain, so they only pay a portion of what they are supposed to pay. It takes on average THREE complains to an insurance company for them to pay the bill. The patient should only pay a deductible which is stated in the policy. The insurance company has to pay the rest.

martimasters

Re: Hospital charges list

Post by martimasters » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:42 pm

And one more thing - by non-EU do you mean the patient is a visitor? You can be from a non-EU country and still have EU residency.