Work permit

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
jack2012

Work permit

Post by jack2012 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:19 am

Hi,

I have just finished my gradation/Master degree last week and got a permanent job as well. Which residence permit I should apply? I have study permit now. I called Migri and officer confused me, she told me that there are 2 work types, one is based on degree and other is work based.

Please advise, which residence permit I should apply? If you can link to form as well and tell me difference?

Thank you

Work permit

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

betelgeuse

Re: Work permit

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:52 pm

jack2012 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:19 am
I have just finished my gradation/Master degree last week and got a permanent job as well. Which residence permit I should apply? I have study permit now. I called Migri and officer confused me, she told me that there are 2 work types, one is based on degree and other is work based.

Please advise, which residence permit I should apply? If you can link to form as well and tell me difference?
Work permit based on a degree. This skips the labor market evaluation and as such will be processed faster.

jack2012

Post by jack2012 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:34 pm

betelgeuse wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:52 pm
jack2012 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:19 am

Work permit based on a degree. This skips the labor market evaluation and as such will be processed faster.
Work permit on basis of degree would be 1 year while work permit on basis of work would be 4 years, Isnt it or I am wrong?

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:25 pm

No. First work permit is usually for one year regardless of type. Renewal is 4 years typically.

jack2012

Post by jack2012 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:55 pm

heretostay wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:25 pm
No. First work permit is usually for one year regardless of type. Renewal is 4 years typically.
I think, if I apply based on degree, i would get Student/Study visa / B permit
http://www.migri.fi/working_in_finland/ ... om_finland

If I apply as employed, I would get A permit
http://www.migri.fi/working_in_finland/ ... yed_person

Please correct if I am wrong?

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:35 pm

It is an A permit also for a degree from Finland. The main difference is that you are not subject to a labour market test, which is a positive thing in your favour.

There is a jobseeker permit for graduates that do not have a job, which is a B permit. As you already have a job, that permit doesn’t apply to you.

ruusu25

Post by ruusu25 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:30 pm

heretostay wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:35 pm
It is an A permit also for a degree from Finland. The main difference is that you are not subject to a labour market test, which is a positive thing in your favour.

There is a jobseeker permit for graduates that do not have a job, which is a B permit. As you already have a job, that permit doesn’t apply to you.
This sums it up nicely. As a person with a degree from Finland, you will also have fewer restrictions on your new A-type permit. Some work permits are tethered to a specific field or job, but you can move between jobs more freely with the permit granted to a person who has graduated here.