Change in tax or gross income

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
jack2012

Post by jack2012 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:50 am

Hi,

Is it correct that once I have tax card with certain amount, I cannot reduce it at all. For example: Gross income is 20000 and tax rate is ~9%. If something goes wrong then it is impossible to reduce it. Person has to pay 9% even if income goes to 12000 where tax is around 3%.

Please advise how it goes in Finland?

Kiitos

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Beep_Boop

Re: Change in tax or gross income

Post by Beep_Boop » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:42 pm

You can adjust your self-calculated tax percentage whenever you want. If you don't adjust it and you end up over-paying, you'll receive the amount you over-paid around the following year's Christmas.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:01 pm

Beep_Boop wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:42 pm
You can adjust your self-calculated tax percentage whenever you want.
Technically it's not self-calculated. It's calculated by the tax authority based on applications or data from previous years.
jack2012 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:50 am
Please advise how it goes in Finland?
"You can request and print out a new tax card for wages, salary, secondary income, benefits or seafarer's income."

https://www.vero.fi/en/e-file/TaxCardOnline2017/

ruusu25

Post by ruusu25 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:22 pm

All you have to do is call or visit your local tax office, tell them how much money you've earned so far this year, how much tax (veroennakko on your most recent pay stub) you've paid so far this year, and how much money you still plan to earn this year (or alternatively, what you expect your new annual gross income to be). They'll plug the numbers into their system and give you a new tax card. You in turn have to give the new tax card to your employer so they adjust your tax rate.

If you're lucky enough to have an EEA-issued ID card and have asked your bank to grant you TUPAS permissions, you can also just log into Vero's website using your online banking ID and do this yourself.