Process of giving someone power of attorney according to Finnish law

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
newborn

Post by newborn » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:59 pm

Hello learned people,

Does anyone know the process of giving "power of attorney" to someone in my home country according to the Finnish law and order?
What would be cost? etc.

It would be great if you would let me know.

Thank you.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tjawatts

Re: Process of giving someone power of attorney according to Finnish law

Post by tjawatts » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:28 pm

Power of attorney in your home country would be by the local law in your home country.

If it was for matters in Finland at least normal things are quite easy to do with a free form paper stating the names (and ID number) of you and the person getting the rights, for what matters and for how long. Depending on how serious the matter is you would get it signed by witnesses or notarised.

Valtakirja is the Finnish word.

T

newborn

Post by newborn » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:46 pm

tjawatts wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:28 pm
Power of attorney in your home country would be by the local law in your home country.

If it was for matters in Finland at least normal things are quite easy to do with a free form paper stating the names (and ID number) of you and the person getting the rights, for what matters and for how long. Depending on how serious the matter is you would get it signed by witnesses or notarised.

T
Thanks for your reply and information. The thing is, it is about a serious matter. That person in my home country will sign a vital document on my behalf.

So, my question is:
will I have to go to a lawyer who will write things on a deed to give " power of attorney" to the person in my home country and I must sign in front of the lawyer and get notarised by the lawyer?

Or...Will I have to get the document written on a deed by some lawyer and then sign it in front of an official in the Embassy of my home country in Finland?

Or I can write things on a deed and then sign it in front of an official in the Embassy of my country in Finland so that he verify my identity and then he attests it. After that, I can send it to my home country.

Upphew

Post by Upphew » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:22 am

newborn wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:46 pm
tjawatts wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:28 pm

T
Thanks for your reply and information. The thing is, it is about a serious matter. That person in my home country will sign a vital document on my behalf.

So, my question is:
will I have to go to a lawyer who will write things on a deed to give " power of attorney" to the person in my home country and I must sign in front of the lawyer and get notarised by the lawyer?

Or...Will I have to get the document written on a deed by some lawyer and then sign it in front of an official in the Embassy of my home country in Finland?

Or I can write things on a deed and then sign it in front of an official in the Embassy of my country in Finland so that he verify my identity and then he attests it. After that, I can send it to my home country.
What is your home country? What you ask depends entirely of that country's legislation. Local attorneys won't know foreign law.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:25 am

newborn wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:46 pm
That person in my home country will sign a vital document on my behalf.
You will have to fulfil the laws of that country, the requirements and needed practices come from there.

newborn

Post by newborn » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:13 pm

Thanks a lot, people.