Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Random Dude

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by Random Dude » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:07 pm

vachter wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:43 pm
When your application goes on 2nd stage, they might ask you and then you reply. No need to do it now.

I applied in the middle of February and got on 2nd stage on July 23. Got request for travels during the time since I applied and also about finances while I was a student few years ago. Replied July 25th and still waiting for decision. Things seems to go really slow at the moment.
Thanks for the info buddy. I think I will also wait until they ask for more info. I had indeed heard of decisions being made faster but everybody seems to be waiting for a much longer period right now.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

okonri

Post by okonri » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:09 pm

okonri wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:24 pm
Yeah, 5 months too. Weird. Usually starts processing after 4 months max..
It has started processing, next day after i wrote the above. Also on 17th August I received a request for additional information asking about my current and past finances, and about my travels after i submitted the application. Also requested my original passport to be sent to their office, perhaps because i renewed my expiring passport after i submitted the application.

vickyvu

Post by vickyvu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:20 am

We are still in stage 1. It’s 5,5 months already, Im getting ansty.
okonri wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:09 pm

It has started processing, next day after i wrote the above. Also on 17th August I received a request for additional information asking about my current and past finances, and about my travels after i submitted the application. Also requested my original passport to be sent to their office, perhaps because i renewed my expiring passport after i submitted the application.

talk2mrt

Post by talk2mrt » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:55 pm

I got positive decision yesterday, identification on 20.03.2018, second stage on 15.08.2018 asked for additional docs on 16.08.2018, reply on 17.08.2018 decision on 20.08.2018.

Good luck every1. :thumbsup:

rehtseal

Post by rehtseal » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:32 pm

Helo

I got negative decision of my RP in june even i have been in finland over 6 years and not interrupted because im divorced with finn and i send to appeal this case.the lawyer said i should to find partime job at same time proffesion school it can help in that way!! So what if i cant find work maybe its only proffesional school i can get,,so its not valid for school?do u have any experience like?give me advice.thanks

mm_suomi

Post by mm_suomi » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:06 am

I appeared for identification on 16.03, and was asked for supplements on 17.08. Supplement request was submitted on 21.08 and got positive decision on 22.08. Good luck all of you for your applications!

__mies__

Post by __mies__ » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:07 pm

Random Dude wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:39 am
On a different note, I made a short trip (4 days) to Russia after my application, do you think I need to/should inform about this trip? Or should I just update them if they ask me anything?
You should have informed them before the trip. In my case I informed them by submitting a message in EnterFinland. I also attached the latest payslips eventhough they did not ask. When my application moved to stage 2, I got the decision on the same day.

vickyvu

Post by vickyvu » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:57 am

We got a positive decision today 27/8. Identified on 13/3. Application moved to 2nd stage this afternoon( I checked at noon and it was still in 1st stage) and got the decision shortly after that. Good luck to the rest!

okonri

Post by okonri » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:16 pm

vickyvu wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:57 am
We got a positive decision today 27/8. Identified on 13/3. Application moved to 2nd stage this afternoon( I checked at noon and it was still in 1st stage) and got the decision shortly after that. Good luck to the rest!
Congrats!

albacore

Post by albacore » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:48 am

I'd keep it updated all the time with latest travels and payslips. As you can read in this forum, people who update it get faster results.

Random Dude wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:39 am
On a different note, I made a short trip (4 days) to Russia after my application, do you think I need to/should inform about this trip? Or should I just update them if they ask me anything?
FinlandList.com useful links for living in Finland
AskFinnish.com to ask your Finnish language questions.

vickyvu

Post by vickyvu » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:32 pm

okonri wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:16 pm
vickyvu wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:57 am
Congrats!
Have you got your result yet?

italosuomalainen

Post by italosuomalainen » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:30 pm

Been on here before, had described a first failed attempt at getting Finnish citizenship. Upshot of that attempt: the time I'd spent in Finland as a teen wasn't counted toward my total residence time, as I'd been here on a diplomaattilupa then.

This decision didn't strike me as very consistent with the letter of existing law, which states that time spent in Finland from age 15 onwards is counted towards total residence time. Finnish citizenship law doesn't specifically state which "lupa" categories are excluded, for one. Also, few if any non-Finnish 15-year-olds have any say about the visa status under which they reside in Finland (so why even start the residency clock at age 15). Nonetheless, decided not appeal the decision - an appeal would have cost money, and by the time the appeal would have been decided upon, I would have been eligible without my residence time as a teen anyway.

Here are the relevant facts for my second attempt: Italian citizen. Have worked and resided in Helsinki for the past four years. YKI keskitaso passed, YKI ylin taso passed. Submitted my application August 16, 2018. Document check August 31, 2018, during which it was confirmed that this time round, there's no question I fulfil the prerequisites. Let's see where my second attempt at acquiring Finnish citizenship goes.

stud4035

Post by stud4035 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:30 am

lovely_boy_vt

Post by lovely_boy_vt » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:28 pm

I received this email today from Mirgi:

Hyvä asiakas

Kiitos, että käytät sähköistä asiointipalveluamme! Hakemuksesi on nyt Enter Finlandissa ja odottaa vuoroaan. Voit itse seurata hakemuksesi tilaa milloin tahansa kirjautumalla sisään Enter Finlandiin.

Lisäksi löydät samalla perusteella tehtyjen hakemusten odotettavissa olevan käsittelyajan verkkosivuiltamme: www.migri.fi/nain_palvelemme/kasittelyajat Jos verkkosivuillamme antamamme odotettavissa oleva käsittelyaika ei ole vielä ylittynyt oman asiasi kohdalla, odota rauhassa.

Jos tarvitsemme sinulta täydennystä hakemukseesi, lähetämme pyynnön Enter Finland -tilillesi ja saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi. Kun päätös on tehty, saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi.

Tämä viesti ei vaadi sinulta mitään toimenpiteitä. Älä vastaa tähän viestiin.

Does it mean that now I am in the actually queue and will be processed soon? I proved my identity on 11/06. Does anyone receive the same email?

FinnGuyHelsinki

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:20 am

lovely_boy_vt wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:28 pm
I received this email today from Mirgi:

Hyvä asiakas

Kiitos, että käytät sähköistä asiointipalveluamme! Hakemuksesi on nyt Enter Finlandissa ja odottaa vuoroaan. Voit itse seurata hakemuksesi tilaa milloin tahansa kirjautumalla sisään Enter Finlandiin.

Lisäksi löydät samalla perusteella tehtyjen hakemusten odotettavissa olevan käsittelyajan verkkosivuiltamme: www.migri.fi/nain_palvelemme/kasittelyajat Jos verkkosivuillamme antamamme odotettavissa oleva käsittelyaika ei ole vielä ylittynyt oman asiasi kohdalla, odota rauhassa.

Jos tarvitsemme sinulta täydennystä hakemukseesi, lähetämme pyynnön Enter Finland -tilillesi ja saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi. Kun päätös on tehty, saat siitä ilmoituksen sähköpostiisi.

Tämä viesti ei vaadi sinulta mitään toimenpiteitä. Älä vastaa tähän viestiin.

Does it mean that now I am in the actually queue and will be processed soon? I proved my identity on 11/06. Does anyone receive the same email?
Looks like a generic message, essentially saying "Your applicatiion has been submitted and is waiting for its turn to be processed. We will contact you, do not contact us, unless the expected processing time has been exceeded", with links where you can check the state of your own application and the expected processing times.