Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Post Reply
IidaK
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by IidaK » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:41 am

Mooseface wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:23 am
I am still waiting from the 23rd April. I assumed my application would be an open and shut case and was expecting quite fast results (like 3 or 4 months), but it has been almost 6 months now and still nothing. I am an EU citizen. It seems people who proved ID in Helsinki get processed a little faster than the rest of us. Maybe because other Migri around Finland have to mail everything across to Helsinki and it adds a couple more weeks. Whereas the decisions are made in Helsinki so people proving ID there don't have this additional hurdle.

So frustrating. This is what drives me mad about Finland, everything is so damn slow and painful when working with authorities.
I think (as I told before) that processing time is solely depending on migri officer who is assigned for the case. Cause I applied and proved my identity in Helsinki on 07.05 and I see people who applied later being processed faster, than me. I am stressed about it, of course. But then I think, for example, that my officer can be away for this week (school vacations) and this explains why my case is still in migri:)



Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic
 

Dr310
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by Dr310 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:53 pm

kunalinfy wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:11 pm
Dr310 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:51 pm
Hei,
Do I have to scan my papers and attach them to my application or I just fill in the application what papers I have and then show then at the appointment?

In 4 years I travel 3 times to my country 10- 14 days each time. And 3 times 1 week to Europe . How does it affect the periode that I lived in Finland? Do I need to apply exactly when I lived 4 years or I need to wait little more like 4 years and 2 months?

Thanks everyone in advance.
Hei, You have to attach the necessary documentation to your application. And then take the originals with you when you go for your appointment.
The travel that you mentioned, does not affect the application. You can find more details on how travel affects your application here: https://migri.fi/en/how-to-calculate-th ... -residence

Lastly, you can even apply exactly on the day that you completed your 4 years residence. My wife did that and got her citizenship.

Br,
K
Hei,
Thank you So much for the informations. Now it's more clear for me.


Random Dude
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:35 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by Random Dude » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:16 pm

Hello Guys!
I proved my identity on 25.04.2018, the application moved to second stage on 5.10.2018 and I received a positive decision on 15.10.2018.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting and keep patience even though it can be frustrating at times. I was myself a bit annoyed when people who had applied in May were receiving decisions while I was still on Stage 1 until a couple weeks back. I don't think where you applied in Finland makes a difference, it is most likely more to do with whose pile does your application falls on to, and how quickly is these person able to go through his/her pile of applicant.

For instance, I have a friend who applied a few months before me but he also received a decision on the same day as me, but he had slightly complicated travel history and source of income, and hence he was in correspondence with the handler for about 1 month, sending explanation and new documents. This likely delayed the person from making decision on other applicants on his/her pile.

If everything is as required then it is just a matter of time, so good luck to everyone waiting and hope you get your decisions soon.


nidhal
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:28 am

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by nidhal » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:01 pm

I proved my identity on 16-5 In Lahti, today 16-10 it moves to stage 2


allulina
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by allulina » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:29 pm

i am a little voit confused now cause one my friend told me that my stage "in progress" is not that stage then Migri actually progresses it. is it true?

and it's very strange how they watch applications cause my other friend proved identity in Lappeenranta 8.5 too and got a citizenship in September.

we will all get it anyway, I hope! patience, patiance


FinnGuyHelsinki
Posts: 937
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:23 am

Each case is different and the applications are handled by people, which quite probably are doing also something else besides handling a single application until a decision is reached. Stop listening to "hevosmiesten tietotoimisto" (hearsay).


nidhal
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:28 am

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by nidhal » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:04 pm

I moved yesterday to stage 2 then at the sAme day they send letter to tell more about my traveling..
They give me 2 weeks time but I’m planing to answer tonight


allulina
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by allulina » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:17 pm

Hallelujah! I have sent my paypils to them last week (they did not ask) and today my 2 stage moved from green to orange and they ask me to explain few things until 2.11. I will answer tomorrow.


IidaK
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by IidaK » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:52 am

allulina wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:17 pm
Hallelujah! I have sent my paypils to them last week (they did not ask) and today my 2 stage moved from green to orange and they ask me to explain few things until 2.11. I will answer tomorrow.
For me it moved on stage 2 on 12.10 and after that silence:/ I sent them payslips,but no action followed:/


Dr310
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by Dr310 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi,
I'm planning to use these papers foe my application.
Can anyone tell me if I have all the papers or do I need to have more papers?
Passport. Resident permit. Work contract. Yki testi. School certificate. My and my wife paylist. Pictures. Travel dates during the 4 years.

A friend told me that I need a paper that proof how many people r living in our house. Did anyone used this paper while applying?
Thanks everyone in advance.


FinnGuyHelsinki
Posts: 937
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:21 pm

Dr310 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:05 pm
Hi,
I'm planning to use these papers foe my application.
Can anyone tell me if I have all the papers or do I need to have more papers?
Passport. Resident permit. Work contract. Yki testi. School certificate. My and my wife paylist. Pictures. Travel dates during the 4 years.

A friend told me that I need a paper that proof how many people r living in our house. Did anyone used this paper while applying?
Thanks everyone in advance.
See https://migri.fi/en/i-want-to-become-a-finnish-citizen and go on from there. In anything is unclear, just ask Migri, they will tell you exactly what you need to provide.


allulina
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by allulina » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:49 pm

IidaK wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:52 am
allulina wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:17 pm
Hallelujah! I have sent my paypils to them last week (they did not ask) and today my 2 stage moved from green to orange and they ask me to explain few things until 2.11. I will answer tomorrow.
For me it moved on stage 2 on 12.10 and after that silence:/ I sent them payslips,but no action followed:/
don't panic! they are checking it, I am sure.

ia your 2 stage now green or different colour in enterfinland?


IidaK
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by IidaK » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:35 am

allulina wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:49 pm
IidaK wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:52 am
allulina wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:17 pm
Hallelujah! I have sent my paypils to them last week (they did not ask) and today my 2 stage moved from green to orange and they ask me to explain few things until 2.11. I will answer tomorrow.
For me it moved on stage 2 on 12.10 and after that silence:/ I sent them payslips,but no action followed:/
don't panic! they are checking it, I am sure.

ia your 2 stage now green or different colour in enterfinland?
It is green now😊 I am waiting😊


allulina
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by allulina » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:52 pm

yesterday i sent to them answers and today I am finnish from klo 10.02!!!


nidhal
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:28 am

Re: Finnish Citizenship application 2018

Post by nidhal » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:57 pm

U got it ? If so congrats 🍺


Post Reply