Shipment of big parcel to Belgium at reasonable price

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Shenz

Post by Shenz » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:07 am

Since we recently bought a new bed we are now considering to send our old bed back to Belgium. DIsmantled this means that the parcel in total is about 200x100cm with a weight of about 80-100kg. Does anybody know which companies do deliver this service with pickup at home (Kouvola), delivery at home and at reasonable price (max €350)?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

zetorpilot

Re: Shipment of big parcel to Belgium at reasonable price

Post by zetorpilot » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:08 am

Whereabouts in Belgium?

Shenz

Post by Shenz » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:20 pm

Hello! Thanks for your answer. Parcel should be delivered nearby Antwerp city.

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:10 am

Shenz wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:07 am
Since we recently bought a new bed we are now considering to send our old bed back to Belgium. DIsmantled this means that the parcel in total is about 200x100cm with a weight of about 80-100kg. Does anybody know which companies do deliver this service with pickup at home (Kouvola), delivery at home and at reasonable price (max €350)?
The weight will be an issue, 80-100 kg can only be handled with machinery, and companies mostly wouldn't pick it up unless you have it packed on pallets. And put in your driveway. And it wouldn't be cheap.

Dividing it into several packages might work, but it will still be pricy, considering the weight and size.

Is it really worth the trouble? Sell it and get a new one in Belgium.

zetorpilot

Post by zetorpilot » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:45 am

Something the size and weight of a bed isn't a problem, not even nearly. Beds are a thing that removal companies deal with pretty regularly 😜.

It's a pity it isn't from Helsinki to Brussels though 😉, I doubt a special pickup in Kouvola would be possible at exactly that price point but I will try and remember to ask our office about this tomorrow. I'm very busy this week, in the middle of a work tour - not Belgium this time 😉😀

Shenz

Post by Shenz » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:43 pm

@wolf80: Yes it can be divided in several packages. And selling that bed here and buying another in Belgium would be a possible solution. BUT it means I have to buy something again first. Note that whenever we move back to Belgium we will take our current (and fantastic) bed with us as well so we will have to sell that other anyway. It's just a question of our buy and throw away society, just wandering if shipping our old bed back to Belgium is economically feasible and in my opnion would be ecologically the better solution (ok, we can discuss about other factors such as CO2 emissions :roll:). But hey, I am realistic...

@zetorpilot: It is not that urgent, can still wait a couple of weeks if that creates a window for some other customer that needs to move his goods out of Kouvola :)

zetorpilot

Post by zetorpilot » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:03 pm

pm sent

NickTW1

Post by NickTW1 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi Zetorpilot I can't yet PM so please can you PM me? I'm looking to ship around 12 boxes from Helsinki to London around 23rd July 2018. Can you help? thanks, Nick

zetorpilot

Post by zetorpilot » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:45 pm

Just noticed this; pm sent.