24rent.fi rental service - bad experience

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
alexander_magnus

Post by alexander_magnus » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:22 pm

I write this post to report on this fake rental service called 24rent.fi.

This is an online vehicle rental that is supposed to be available at any time of the day and no matter whether this day is a public holiday or not. The truth is that this is not true and the website sounds like a scam.

First, there is no customer service that you can call in case you have problems.

Second, after you book the vehicle they request you to send a selfie (I'm not joking) and a copy of the driving licence. Well, the check of these documents is done by a human being and if you submit them outside working hours (for example if you need the vehicle during weekends) or that person does not read your email, they will refuse to send you the code to unlock the door of the car but nevertheless they will charge you the reservation.

I discourage you from using this service and strongly recommend that you use physical car rentals, in case you need one.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

inkku

Re: 24rent.fi rental service - bad experience

Post by inkku » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:40 pm

They say it is a car pool, car sharing service, not a rental service.

"tavoitat asiakaspalvelumme arkisin klo 8.00-16.00"

They have very good rating, so what was your problem? you did not read the instructions before or what?

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:59 pm

alexander_magnus wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:22 pm
I write this post to report on this fake rental service called 24rent.fi.

This is an online vehicle rental that is supposed to be available at any time of the day and no matter whether this day is a public holiday or not. The truth is that this is not true and the website sounds like a scam.

First, there is no customer service that you can call in case you have problems.

Second, after you book the vehicle they request you to send a selfie (I'm not joking) and a copy of the driving licence. Well, the check of these documents is done by a human being and if you submit them outside working hours (for example if you need the vehicle during weekends) or that person does not read your email, they will refuse to send you the code to unlock the door of the car but nevertheless they will charge you the reservation.

I discourage you from using this service and strongly recommend that you use physical car rentals, in case you need one.
What's wrong, couldn't read the website? As inkku already pointed out, the customer service hours are stated clearly as 08:00-16:00 on weekdays. On the front page. It says nowhere that they can be reached any time of day, any day of the year. So, definitely not a scam - and I would also recommend you to be very careful with such accusations.

No telephone hotline - but an online chat service. I personally prefer these as you have written proof of the information given.

Don't see what's wrong with the photo and copy of the driver's license - if they never see you in person they need some proof of id, and I guess and an up-to-date photo helps here.

alexander_magnus

Post by alexander_magnus » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:19 am

The employee did not read the email I sent with my documents. Whose fault is it then? There's nothing wrong with the driving licence but at that point they cannot sell a service claiming that you can rent a vehicle starting from the next hour even during weekends. It is pretty clear it won't work.

Beep_Boop

Post by Beep_Boop » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:11 am

I'm a regular user of 24rent.fi. I've been renting their cars once or twice a week almost every week for a while now. I've also used their vans twice this year when moving myself and when helping a friend move. If there's a scam here then it's your false review because you didn't read the rental agreement on their website, which you agree to when you make a booking.

Only the first time I made a booking I had to send them a picture of my driving licence. After that, I just simply make a booking whenever I want, 24/7, and I can pick up the car at any point. You just didn't use the service properly and now you're angry for the wrong reasons.
Every case is unique. You can't measure the result of your application based on arbitrary anecdotes online.

burak25

Post by burak25 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:33 pm

You don't read or take care of your own end and call a decently working company scammers?
I suggest you delete your comments because this is slang.

I used it so many times over last 5 years and never had a problem. Actually never even interacted to a real person, works perfectly.