Overnight dog boarding near Helsinki

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
pixelation3

Post by pixelation3 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:11 am

Are there any dog boarding places that also include walking the dogs or playtime in or near Helsinki and what kind of nightly rate is common?
I've tried Googling but I think I'm not finding much because I'm not searching in Finnish. Is English usually a problem with most boarding places?

Also if the boarding places are on the edges or outside of the urban area how do people who don't own a car usually get their dogs to these places?

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

tavastia

Re: Overnight dog boarding near Helsinki

Post by tavastia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:07 am

Try searching koirahotelli. There are plenty. Prices from 29€ / night. Pretty good this dog business :)

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:15 am

pixelation3 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:11 am
Are there any dog boarding places that also include walking the dogs or playtime in or near Helsinki and what kind of nightly rate is common?
I've tried Googling but I think I'm not finding much because I'm not searching in Finnish. Is English usually a problem with most boarding places?

Also if the boarding places are on the edges or outside of the urban area how do people who don't own a car usually get their dogs to these places?
We use tassut.fi they speak English, are a close walk from the train station, and are amazing with dogs. Our dog loves going there.

Tiina_Finn23

Post by Tiina_Finn23 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:50 pm

I also recommend tassu.fi !

It's a little more expensive than other places I looked at but they do get walk time and play time included (other kennels I looked at you had to pay extra for these services).

The staff are lovely and my two dogs seemed really happy to stay there. They have good reviews and provide food and bedding, but you can bring your own. I told them one of my dogs was ball obsessed and I was told on collection that they played lots of ball and mentioned specific things he did so I know they got well looked after.

I've driven there so not sure how easy it is to get there by public transport and I did have a little sat nav trouble trying to find it by car but hopefully you won't have that problem.

Tiina_Finn23

Post by Tiina_Finn23 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:53 pm

tavastia wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:07 am
Try searching koirahotelli. There are plenty. Prices from 29€ / night. Pretty good this dog business :)
I'll say! Often my dogs' holiday costs as much or more than our holiday! Peace of mind is costly! :|

pixelation3

Post by pixelation3 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:14 pm

Thanks for the recommendations. Looks like there's no public transport links to koirahotelli so I guess a car is necessary for them.
Tassut.fi appears to have a train stop nearby. I'm actually not very clear on the rules for taking dogs on public transport (buses/trains/metro). Is it allowed? Do they allow the dog to be only on a lead?

wolf80

Post by wolf80 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:36 pm

pixelation3 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:14 pm
Thanks for the recommendations. Looks like there's no public transport links to koirahotelli so I guess a car is necessary for them.
Tassut.fi appears to have a train stop nearby. I'm actually not very clear on the rules for taking dogs on public transport (buses/trains/metro). Is it allowed? Do they allow the dog to be only on a lead?
Are you sure there is no public transportation available? Look at https://www.reittiopas.fi and enter the address.

As for pets on public transport: https://www.hsl.fi/en/information/how-u ... board#pets