Permanent resident - preventing the cancellation of residence permit related questions

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
solidrepellent

Permanent resident - preventing the cancellation of residence permit related questions

Post by solidrepellent » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:53 pm

Hello all,

I am a permanent resident of Finland. My family (wife and daughter) both live in Tampere. I am currently living and working in France (for a French university). My permanent address is still in Tampere, Finland and I have moved to France only temporarily for work. Initially, my work contract was only for 1 year. Then the work contract got extended for 6 months. Now, it has been extended again for 6 more months. It will be 2 years at the end of August 2018. Currently, we are talking with Tampere university of Technology if I can come and work there for some time after August 2018. It has not been finalized yet.

As you might be aware that I can stay outside of Finland for 2 years. I have to make an application to migri to not cancel my residence permit if I continue to stay beyond that date. I do not want to loose my Finnish permanent residency. My questions are as follows.

1) My 2 years outside of Finland will be completed at the end of August 2018. If I come back to Finland before that date, I do not have to make any application with migri right? Please confirm.

2) If I make an application with migri to prevent the cancellation of my residence permit, what are the reasons they will look into? Is having a family in Finland strong enough reason for that? My wife is also a permanent resident of Finland. Both my wife and daughter are living in Tampere.

3) If our talks with Tampere University of Technology go through and I come back to Tampere and work for some time, then will my 2 year restriction period resets itself? and I can stay outside of Finland for another 2 years? What are other implications of this?

Thank you very much for your time

Naveen

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Permanent resident - preventing the cancellation of residence permit related questions

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:53 am

If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest that you contact Migri and ask them.

betelgeuse

Re: Permanent resident - preventing the cancellation of residence permit related questions

Post by betelgeuse » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:45 am

solidrepellent wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:53 pm
I am a permanent resident of Finland. My family (wife and daughter) both live in Tampere. I am currently living and working in France (for a French university). My permanent address is still in Tampere, Finland and I have moved to France only temporarily for work. Initially, my work contract was only for 1 year. Then the work contract got extended for 6 months. Now, it has been extended again for 6 more months. It will be 2 years at the end of August 2018. Currently, we are talking with Tampere university of Technology if I can come and work there for some time after August 2018. It has not been finalized yet.

As you might be aware that I can stay outside of Finland for 2 years. I have to make an application to migri to not cancel my residence permit if I continue to stay beyond that date. I do not want to loose my Finnish permanent residency. My questions are as follows.

1) My 2 years outside of Finland will be completed at the end of August 2018. If I come back to Finland before that date, I do not have to make any application with migri right? Please confirm.

2) If I make an application with migri to prevent the cancellation of my residence permit, what are the reasons they will look into? Is having a family in Finland strong enough reason for that? My wife is also a permanent resident of Finland. Both my wife and daughter are living in Tampere.

3) If our talks with Tampere University of Technology go through and I come back to Tampere and work for some time, then will my 2 year restriction period resets itself? and I can stay outside of Finland for another 2 years? What are other implications of this?
The cancellation is based on intent to move abroad permanently. The decision is based on individual circumstances and there is no period to reset. The two years is just an instruction to Migri to look at the matter.

heretostay

Post by heretostay » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:14 am

I would suggest contacting Migri as soon as possible to discuss the particulars of your situation. Especially to let them know that your intent is to return to Finland. I think it would be worse for you if it looks like you tried to avoid them. Given that you still have strong ties to Finland, I think it is obvious that you aren’t intending to relocate.