URGENTLY LOOKING FOR LAWYER (Family Reunification)

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
Nolubhay

Post by Nolubhay » Sat May 19, 2018 10:17 pm

Tervehdys to all.

I am here on this forum feeling humble and frustrated because I am in urgent need of a lawyer who is experienced in Immigration matters. Someone with an extensive background in migri affairs.

I am seeking the help and information of the kind users of this website because I believe that maybe there is someone reading this post who knows what I am talking about and how to help, after all that premise is 80% of the threads in this board.
Please forgive my new'ness, and to the board moderators I am hoping that I haven't violated any rules in this post.

Now that the boring introduction is over here's the situation, I am an immigrant/refugee living in Finland, specifically in Pohjois-Savo, I received a positive asylum decision and have been granted (Generously I might add) a 4-year residence permit. 2 years of which I have spent integrating in accordance with TE and employed in a full time job (I earn my bread) So, I thought that as my current situation is stable, I could help my parents come here by going through the family reunification process with migri.

We went through the application process and last Friday we regretfully received a negative decision. From what I understood from the decision is that we (as a family, and me the sponsor) have the possibility to appeal, I have 30 days to do so, and as you can imagine it would be extremely important to find the right lawyer who can (for whatever fee necessary) take this case and help us appeal.

So my question to you all is, do you know anyone who has been in a similar situation?, Do you know any lawyers, law firms, agencies, entities, groups, lodges, hunting parties, or otherwise "I know the right person for this"?

So to you, my kind post reader, if you have even a hint of someone like that, if you know a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy, if you heard a radio announcement or saw a tv commercial, Please write me a reply to this post and just send me in the right direction, you would be LITERALLY saving the life of 2 old people. As it stands, I have absolutely no idea where to turn, My Google-jitsu is weak.

I am scared, and worried that if I commit to someone randomly (A lawyer) who will treat this as mere paperwork, or a "training case" or otherwise any sort of "Apprentice case" or anything of the sort then I would be wasting my probably one chance of helping my folks get here legally. Emphasis on legally.

I would be TREMENDOUSLY grateful if you could point me in the right direction. I am looking for an experienced, aged, expensive, balsy lawyer who would be professional enough, knowledgeable enough, and basically knows exactly what he's doing.

I need to find the Finnish equivalent of a 50 year old William Shatner from boston legal, the shark lawyer with the cigar and the whiskey glass who will take one look at our case and either say "yeah" or say "Kid, let it go". I think you understand the archetype I'm looking for. Someone who has been doing this for a long, long time.

Can anyone, please, point me to this man in finland? The fee can be astronomical, I can afford him.

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

heretostay

Re: URGENTLY LOOKING FOR LAWYER (Family Reunification)

Post by heretostay » Sat May 19, 2018 11:57 pm

Parents are not considered by Migri for family ties residence permits unless you are under 18. Maybe there is some exception that I am not aware of though. Anyway, I suggest contacting Matti Kauppi who is an attorney in Helsinki that has lots of experience with immigration cases. He will definitely be honest about your chances of appeal. http://aakauppi.fi/

rinso

Post by rinso » Sun May 20, 2018 7:58 am

I am an immigrant/refugee living in Finland, specifically in Pohjois-Savo, I received a positive asylum decision and have been granted (Generously I might add) a 4-year residence permit. 2 years of which I have spent integrating in accordance with TE and employed in a full time job (I earn my bread) So, I thought that as my current situation is stable, I could help my parents come here by going through the family reunification process with migri.
As heretostay already mentioned; parents are not considered for family unification. Any lawyer should tell you the same. If he doesn't he's trying to earn a few easy euros. There are several cases that underlined this principle. (the grandmother cases) Even the opinion of parliament members didn't change the situation.The legal position was; "if you want change, you should change the law". They didn't.

Nolubhay

Post by Nolubhay » Sun May 20, 2018 3:24 pm

heretostay wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 11:57 pm
Parents are not considered by Migri for family ties residence permits unless you are under 18. Maybe there is some exception that I am not aware of though. Anyway, I suggest contacting Matti Kauppi who is an attorney in Helsinki that has lots of experience with immigration cases. He will definitely be honest about your chances of appeal. http://aakauppi.fi/
rinso wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:58 am
I am an immigrant/refugee living in Finland, specifically in Pohjois-Savo, I received a positive asylum decision and have been granted (Generously I might add) a 4-year residence permit. 2 years of which I have spent integrating in accordance with TE and employed in a full time job (I earn my bread) So, I thought that as my current situation is stable, I could help my parents come here by going through the family reunification process with migri.
As heretostay already mentioned; parents are not considered for family unification. Any lawyer should tell you the same. If he doesn't he's trying to earn a few easy euros. There are several cases that underlined this principle. (the grandmother cases) Even the opinion of parliament members didn't change the situation.The legal position was; "if you want change, you should change the law". They didn't.
I thank you very much for your reply, I will contact Mr. Matti Kauppi.
On migri's laws there was a "Other relative of a recipient of international protection" rule which specifically stated "Elderly parents may be eligible" that's the only reason we applied.
I appreciate both your posts a lot and I'm hoping others will post lawyer suggestions as well, maybe mr. Matti won't have time for me or something.

newborn

Post by newborn » Sat May 26, 2018 1:47 am

You can try to find a lawyer according to your need and requirements

https://www.asianajajaliitto.fi/en/lega ... d_a_lawyer