Want to leave

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
vic86

Want to leave

Post by vic86 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:00 pm

I don't know if this is right place or not but; have had relationship problems that cannot be resolved and I want to leave Finland. I want to leave the relationship not Finland but I know it's same thing. I can't even afford plane ticket or place to stay, don't have any friends here. Where do I turn for help?

I hope I don't get a lot of negativity and just some suggestions.

Want to leave

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

FinnGuyHelsinki

Re: Want to leave

Post by FinnGuyHelsinki » Mon May 21, 2018 4:14 pm

There's not much information to go on. Are you in Finland on a residence permit? If yes, what is it based on? Are you planning to go to your home country or somewhere else? If the former, maybe your country's embassy can help.

rinso

Post by rinso » Mon May 21, 2018 5:19 pm

vic86 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:00 pm
I don't know if this is right place or not but; have had relationship problems that cannot be resolved and I want to leave Finland. I want to leave the relationship not Finland but I know it's same thing. I can't even afford plane ticket or place to stay, don't have any friends here. Where do I turn for help?

I hope I don't get a lot of negativity and just some suggestions.
No money almost always means you don't fulfill the requirements to stay in Finland. In that case you can expect very little official help.
The embassy is indeed the best place to start. And there are bread cues in several places, so you would be able to get some food.
I don't know about homeless shelters, it's worth a try.

vic86

Post by vic86 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:01 pm

FinnGuyHelsinki wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 4:14 pm
There's not much information to go on. Are you in Finland on a residence permit? If yes, what is it based on? Are you planning to go to your home country or somewhere else? If the former, maybe your country's embassy can help.
I'm on a family ties permit. We've been in a relationship for 7 years. My home country doesn't have an embassy here.

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Mon May 21, 2018 6:58 pm

vic86 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:01 pm
I'm on a family ties permit. We've been in a relationship for 7 years. My home country doesn't have an embassy here.
You should contact social workers for your municipality. For example, in Helsinki:

https://www.hel.fi/helsinki/en/socia-he ... tion-unit/