taking over a small OY

Where to buy? Where can I find? How do I? Getting started.
siili2

taking over a small OY

Post by siili2 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:28 am

I have been working in a samll cleaning OY. Now the owner wants to end his business and I am interested in bying the business. There are only two people in the company i.e the owner and me. Company has some small stuff and a car.

Now how does the cost of the company can be calculated? The only really valuable thing is car. There is still some loan to be paid for it but I can say the value of the car at the moment is some 10000 euros more than the amount of the loan to be paid. So let's say all the stuff(car and other cleaning stuff) values around 15000 euros, can the owner sell me the company for 10000? as there are risks I'm taking by taking over that company. And how does the taxation on buying and selling a company works?

Please tell what you know and also tell who is the proper person/company to be contacted to know about these things? I live in Turku.

taking over a small OY

Sponsor:

Finland Forum Ad-O-Matic

Upphew

Re: taking over a small OY

Post by Upphew » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:00 am

siili2 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:28 am
I have been working in a samll cleaning OY. Now the owner wants to end his business and I am interested in bying the business. There are only two people in the company i.e the owner and me. Company has some small stuff and a car.

Now how does the cost of the company can be calculated? The only really valuable thing is car. There is still some loan to be paid for it but I can say the value of the car at the moment is some 10000 euros more than the amount of the loan to be paid. So let's say all the stuff(car and other cleaning stuff) values around 15000 euros, can the owner sell me the company for 10000? as there are risks I'm taking by taking over that company. And how does the taxation on buying and selling a company works?

Please tell what you know and also tell who is the proper person/company to be contacted to know about these things? I live in Turku.
Oy so you are buying stocks. I'd contact www.potkuri.fi for starters.
http://google.com http://translate.google.com http://urbandictionary.com
Visa is for visiting, Residence Permit for residing.

siili2

Post by siili2 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:01 am

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I own 40% of the sahres already.

rinso

Post by rinso » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:10 pm

Be aware that you also buy all the hidden problems (claims, debts, ...)
Also the company has some goodwill and client lists. They should be part of the deal. But if the owner has planed a closure, he might have sold them already.

siili2

Post by siili2 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:57 pm

Thanks for the replies. And yes, I'll need to be cautious and I want to gather as much information as I can before going and talking with a professional

How does the share price work? There is a theoretica share pricein the annual tilinpäätös but can the seller set any price or are there strict rules about determining the price?

betelgeuse

Post by betelgeuse » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:39 pm

siili2 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:57 pm
How does the share price work? There is a theoretica share pricein the annual tilinpäätös but can the seller set any price or are there strict rules about determining the price?
The price can be anything. Tax implications depend on the price. The assumption between unrelated parties is that the price is fair market value.